001

CREDIT FOR SONG:
Margarita Elizabeth

DEDICATION:
I dedicated this chapter to this picture I photoshopped since I had no fans when I first published this.

-
SORRY
-

"Luke, we're going to be late."

Luke groaned, shoving his face deeper into the pillow and pulling the covers over his head.

"Luke, get up."

He whined and curled his body even more, now spooning with the pillow.

"Fine," Calum huffed. "I guess you won't get to see Ashton today, huh?"

Luke shot up off of his bed quickly but because he was tangled in his sheets, he ended up tripping over himself and falling on the floor when he tried to get up. Calum shook his head while laughing at Luke's pain. Luke gave him a glare and frowned when noticing that Calum wasn't intimidated at all.

Of course, Calum wasn't intimidated. Although he was just a junior, just like Luke, he was already rising to popularity due to his football skills, amongst other things.

Luke wasn't exactly at the bottom of the popularity chain, but he wasn't close to the top either. However, when people saw him hanging out with Calum, it did make Luke stand out more.

"Wow, you really do like that guy, don't you?" Calum snorted, leaning against the door with his arms crossed. He watched Luke struggling to stand up.

"It's not my fault he's a walking God! Have you seen his arms? Gosh, he could strangle me if he wanted to! I actually wouldn't mind," Luke rambled while wriggling into his skinny jeans and slipping on a tank top.

Calum blocked out Luke's voice and played with his fingers. It's not that he wanted to be rude and not listen, but it was the same routine everyday with Luke.

Calum would walk to Luke's house, wake him up, listen to him ramble about Ashton, go to school, go back to Luke's house, hear him ramble about Ashton again, go home, and repeat. However, lately Calum's been getting sick of it.

"Look, Luke," Calum sighed, interrupting him. "If you're so obsessed with this guy, why don't you talk to him? He's in our art class, you know?"

Luke looked at him with squinted eyes, getting off of his bed and walking towards him."Calum, would you have the courage to walk up to your crush," he said, pointing a finger at him,"Michael Clifford, and talk to him?" Luke stopped right in front of him.

Calum rolled his eyes as his cheeks reddened. Luke smirked at his reaction, ready to burst into laughter, but soon forgot about it when realizing the time. He quickly put on his socks and converse sitting by the door.

"Calum, come on. We're all ready late!" Luke muttered, dragging Calum as he sprinted out of his room. Luke let go of Calum's wrist at the top of the stairs and they each dashed down, ran through the living room, and out the front door. Calum picked up his bike from Luke's porch and carried it down the steps. Luke did the same and then they both rode off the sidewalk and onto the road.

"Race you?" Luke yelled while pedaling faster. His messy hair flew around his face and the wind in his eyes only made his vision worse. The boys were both on opposite ends of the street, Luke on the left and Calum on the right.

Calum quickly glanced at him before saying,"You're on, Hemmings."

Calum's speed gradually became faster and faster and so did Luke's. They both zigzagged around the few cars and slowed down at turns, all at the same pace.

"You're going to lose. Just admit it, Calum." Luke smirked, glancing sideways and expecting to see Calum there but furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He wasn't there at all. Before he could process anything, Luke heard a shout from behind him.

"Luke, watch out!" Luke slowly turned his head forward again, noticing a giant bush in front of him. Before he knew it, he crashed into it, his bike flying over the bush. Luke groaned at the pain shooting through his body. The thorns dug into his skin harshly, but the impact made it worse. He suddenly heard someone hiss and shout but his eyes were shut and all he could focus on was his pain. Then he felt something move underneath him.

"Get off me!" Luke was shoved to the side harshly, and once he had the courage to open his eyes, he wanted to close them shut once again, in hopes that this was only a nightmare.

Ashton shakily stood up. He brushed his clothes off and muttered something under his breath as he started to walk away. His hands were balled up in fists and his cheeks were unusually red. Ashton didn't even bother to argue with Luke because he was already late to class. Suddenly, Calum's words rang through Luke's mind. Talk to him. Of course, it wasn't the right time, but it was probably the only opportunity Luke had.

"Hey, um, wait!" Luke stuttered. Luke was in an awkward position. His elbows held his body up, still being prickled by the thorns, and his legs were tangled in the leaves.

He didn't exactly have a reason to talk to him, but Luke kept calling him over anyway. Finally, Ashton stopped in his tracks and turned his head to face him. He raised his eyebrow and huffed, glaring at Luke. Luke hesitated before speaking, realizing he was still sitting on the bush. He blushed when he noticed the curious stares people gave him walking by.

"Well?" Ashton questioned, tapping his foot against the concrete with his hands on his hips. Luke slowly detangled himself from the bush and stood up. He examined Ashton's outfit. Black jeans, white tee, and black converse. Luke's eyes suddenly went up to Ashton's face, and he looked extremely annoyed.

"Well, I'm already late for first period so if you're just going to stand there, you might as well apologize," Ashton snapped. Suddenly the gears in Luke's brain began to turn. Unfortunately, the only thing that came out of his mouth was,"Sorry?"

 Unfortunately, the only thing that came out of his mouth was,"Sorry?"