004

CREDIT FOR SONG:
5 Seconds Of Summer

DEDICATIONS:
teenpov
&
incohesive
because they're the first friends I've made on wattpad in a while.

-
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
-

"You got the guitar?" Michael asked with a grin, leaning against the locker next to Luke's. Michael chuckled, watching him jump back in surprise. Luke glared at Michael and closed his locker before beginning to walk with him, his books tucked in his arms.

"Yeah, I did," Luke responded. Michael paused before he spoke, looking at both pairs of feet, noticing how they walked at the same pace. He waited a little longer, expecting Luke to say more.

"Oh. So, you didn't run into Ashton last night?" Michael questioned. Of course, he already knew the answer to that, Ashton being his best friend and all, but watching Luke blush seemed to be a form of entertainment to Michael.

"Oh, gosh. Don't remind me. He didn't even want to look at my face," he sighed. The bell rang before Michael could respond to him. Luke was quick to join the stampede of students, leaving Michael in the middle of a hallway alone with his thoughts.

-
TALKING SHIT KNOWING DAMN WELL I WAS A LIAR
-

"Ashton, you want to explain as to why Luke thinks you don't like him?" Michael interrupted, his arms crossed and his foot tapping against the floor.

Ashton gaped at Michael for a while before dragging him away from his group of friends, confusion written on their faces. Ashton waved them off, and the boys soon returned to their conversation.

Ashton stopped once outside of the cafeteria roaming with people. He checked his surroundings, making sure no one was there to hear their conversation.

"I told you, I wasn't going to do it. Sure, I don't like the boy since he hit me with a bike, but I'm not going to go through with that bet," Ashton whispered, still gripping Michael's arm.

Michael pulled away from his grasp, and Ashton gave him a sympathetic look, not realizing he had a tight hold on Michael's arm. His expression changed quickly, however, when Michael spoke again.

"Look, I don't have anything against Luke either. He's a nice kid. Trust me, I know. But if you don't go through with the bet, how else are you going to find $500?"

Michael tapped his foot against the ground again, smirking once he knew Ashton had given up. Ashton glared at him, his mouth open as if he were going to respond, but he didn't.

Ashton was ready to rant about how Michael wasn't being a good friend, but deep down he knew that his best friend only wanted to protect him.

"Michael, there has to be another way. Please, don't let me go through with this. I don't want to make a boy fall in love with me just for money," he pleaded.

Michael frowned, because although he really did want Ashton to earn some money, he cared about Ashton's (mental) health even more. He shook the thoughts out of his head, because this, at the time, was the only solution.