don't leave me - c.l.

This first shout-out goes to bratayleysfanclub 

Your acc Is goals ! I first found you on Instagram , and I was so excited to know that you read my imagines ! Stay awesome !

Anyway guys , enjoy this Imagine suggested by her ♥

.

.

.

One thing about the Christmas season that I never looked forward to, was Christmas shopping. I hated It with a passion.

Being cramped next to people In tight lines, fighting over the latest deals. It just never interested me or made me want to be more apart of It.

Yet, I still went black Friday shopping each year, since I had no option but to get my friends presents. Plus, I didn't want to seem selfish.

I stood In the line In Forever21 while Caleb held my large stack of clothes. The line had gone out of the store and down the block, but we had got there just In time , so we were almost to the register.

"You sure you wanna stand In this line?" Caleb said, looking over at my from a pair of jeans he was holding. 

"Of course Caleb! We're almost there, I don't wanna give up now.", I explained to him.

"I don't know Y/N. It's still pretty crowded In here." He looked at me with sympathetic eyes, balancing a crop top and I knit sweater on his knee. "Are you sure you aren't gonna..." he trailed off.

I sighed. "Caleb, that hasn't happened In months. I'll be fine."

I knew exactly what he was talking about. Panic attacks.

I started having then about three years ago, after everyone started laughing at me In math class when I got the answer wrong to a problem. It was a harmless mistake, but It meant way more to me. 

Caleb then started helping me through them, and ever since then, I haven't had one since May.

It's also one of the reasons I trusted Caleb, and why we had became friends.

Caleb tapped me on my shoulder. "Looks like we're next In line," he said.

I smiled , and moved up to the cash register.

I nice lady with brown hair who looked about 27 was standing at the counter.

"Hi, how are you?", she asked, grinning

"I'm fine," I answered back. 

Caleb dumped all of the clothes on top of the counter, looking relived.

The lady scanned every item as I waited there. 

"Credit or cash?"

"Credit", I replied, handing her my credit card.

She swiped It on the dashboard, but then stood there looking confused.

"Is there something wrong?", I asked, looking worried.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but your card seems to be declined."

I just froze, and could only manage a "Huh?"

The lady just looked at me with a stern face.

I looked around. Everyone was watching me, holding up the line. Some whispered, others looked at me, angry and tired.

"Do you have another card ma'am?", the cashier questioned, looking annoyed.

I didn't respond. I just stood there, sweating bullets.

"Y/N, Is something wrong?", Caleb asked.

I started to breath heavy. I could barely breath. I felt as If the walls were closing In on me.

My breathing became heavier, all the weight of the world was on me.

The last thing I said was "Help me."

Caleb's eyes grew big, dropping his phone on the floor.

"O-oh. Ok. Ok", He said stuttering. He walked over to me, sweeping me off the floor, and into his arms. He was carrying me like he used to do with Hayley.

He shoved people out the way, trying to hurry me to the nearest empty space. I had never seen Caleb do this to me whenever I had my panic attacks. Never.

He found a bathroom, carrying me In there setting me on the floor. 

Tears started to stream down my face as I started to shake. 

"Everyon-ne's w-watching," I trembled. 

"Shhhh", he comforted. "Nobodies watching, Y/N."

"Y-yess they a-are", I stuttered once again.

"No they aren't," he said, wiping tears. "We're by ourselves, baby. Nobody Is here."

He took his jacket off, putting It around my shoulders, keeping me warm.

He then took his hands Into mine. "Everything's gonna be OK."

"B-but what If they see me?", I asked.

He stroked my hair, getting useless knots out. "They aren't gonna see you. I'm here, Y/N."

I slowly stopped shaking, calming down.

"That's right, calm down.", he smiled. "It's ok. Everything's gonna be fine."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, laying my head on his shoulder. He patted my back and brushed my hair back.

I laid there for a while, feeling his comfort and warmth. We might have been In a bathroom, but I didn't want to leave. I wanted to just freeze this moment, and live It forever.

He tried to pull away, but I refused to let him, and held on tighter.

"Don't leave me," I croaked softly.

I could hear his smile, right then and there.

"Oh darling, I would never."