i had plans - c.l.

I sit In front of a casket, my legs crossed.

Tears stream down my cheeks and drip onto my lilac purple dress.

He loved the color purple

My straight hair Is now a mess In my face, and my purple nail polish Is starting to chip.

I would've never thought that this day would come In a million years. Or at lease not this soon.

But It did.

The one thing In life that I dreaded, was losing my boyfriend.

Caleb was more than a boyfriend to me though. He was my best friend.

But as soon as I saw the ambulance pull up In front of Caleb's house on that Thursday, I knew that something wasn't right.

He was gone. My best friend was gone.

I patted my dress flat and looked at Caleb's casket.

His hair was straightened, like how Paige used to straighten It when he was 13.

His wardrobe included a plain black suit, with a blue tie.

His eyes were shut, but nothing but a smile appeared on his face.

It made me want to cry.

I cleared my throat.

"Hi Caleb", I said hoarsely, my voice cracking. "I can't believe that you're gone already."

"It seems like just yesterday, we were playing hide In seek at Medaco valley", i sniffled. "Those were the good old days, Caleb.

I just stared at his lifeless body. There was no longer a soul In there. It was just a body. This was making me hurt like hell.

"You know Caleb, I had plans", I sadly smiled. "A lot of plans."

I looked down at my knees. 

"I had plans for our future children. I remember that I would stay up late at night, imagining what they would look like, and what we would name them."

I played with my hands nervously.

"There was gonna be Savannah Hayley Leblanc, And Maisy Elizabeth Leblanc." I started to laugh and giggle. "And you can't forget Caleb Logan Samuel Leblanc Jr."

I was now full on laughing to myself.  

"I really did have plans for you and I Caleb", I sighed, getting serious again.

"I remember imagining our wedding, thinking about how you would look at me as I walked down the aisle."

Tears started forming again.

"I would imagine your wedding vows to me, and how you would keep them simple, yet sweet."

The tears were now running again.

"And then, you would kiss me, and you would never let go."

I started to cry. 

"Why did you leave so soon Caleb?"

I wiped my eyes

Suddenly, the pastor of the church came walking In, and everybody then got silent. I guess that was my que to go back to my seat.

I got up, but before I went back to my seat, I had to do one more thing.

I took the necklace he gave me on our anniversary out of my pocket.

"Here you go Caleb."

I then put It around his neck.

"I love you"