you can sleep with me, princess - c.l.

"BOOM ! CRACK ! RUMBLE !"

.

.

.

I toss and turn In my bed, trying my best to ignore the noise outside my bedroom window.

"BOOM!"

I jump and put my head under the guest room comforter.

This was not the best time to be sleeping over Caleb's house.

"Crack!"

I can't take this anymore.

Yes, I was afraid of thunderstorms.

But I couldn't take being alone, and hiding any longer.

I grabbed my pillows and walked down the hallway until I stopped at the 3 door to the right.

I opened It slowly and quietly, carefully not to wake up the person Inside.

I looked inside to see a sleeping Caleb with his face pressed to a pillow, he himself fast asleep.

I smiled, happy to see that he was sleeping through the storm peacefully.

Still, I stepped out of the doorway, and walked over to his bed.

His hair was all messy, hair In his face and eyes. Oh, honey.

I leaned towards him. "Caleb," I whispered.

He turned over and slightly looked at me. "Hm?", he questioned.

"I'm scared. Could I sleep In here?"

He looked towards the window, then looked at me and smiled. 

"You can sleep with me, princess."

He scooted over and lifted up his covers. I got In next to him. He put his covers down on top of me and snuggled me In, like a burrito. He put his face a little bit near mines and pointed to the window.

"Is that what you were scared of, darling?", he asked, his voice still raspy and tired. 

I nodded my head.

"It's ok. You're safe inside. Nothings gonna hurt you," he reassured me, smiling.

Just then, a loud strike of lighting sounded. I closed my eyes and held on to Caleb. He moved my hair out of my face.

"Shh, It's ok. I'm right here. The storms not gonna hurt you. It's ok. You're safe with me." He kissed my forehead.

I snugggled my head In his chest, smelling his sweet cologne scent as he comforted me, and I slowly fell alseep.

"It's all gonna be ok, baby."