prom - c.l.

so this one is kinda like 'because i like you', but the roles are reversed, and the plot is different.

also, we are almost to 1k reads !

that's so awesome guys ! thank you for all of the support and love. this past month has been pretty hard for me, but writing these imagines and seeing how active and caring you are, makes this 100% better.

thank you so much.

*WARNING* If you do not like detailed kissing, do not read this chapter ! ! ! :)

.

.

.

I run out of prom, make-up running down my face, and a heel in my hand.

I sob and cry hopelessly as I stumble around on the sidewalk in front of our school, where all of the previous events took place.

This has been one of the worst nights of my life.

I just want to go home.

I turn to see Caleb running towards me. His hair is messy and his tie Is undone. But he's the last person I wanna see right now.

"Y/N, what the hell was that all about?", he questions me. "Why did you run out of the gym like that?"

"Are you crying?"

I sniffle as I turn In his direction. "Caleb, you just won't understand", I say holding back my tears.

"What do you mean? I'm your best friend! Why can't you trust me?" He has a look of innocence and confusion In the eyes. I feel bad.

"You just won't. I know you won't.", I sigh "I'm gonna ruin everything!"

"Y/N, darling, you know you can trust me.", He starts I've known you since preschool for christs fucking sakes. I don't known why this Is such a huge deal. Just let me hear what Is going on. I will listen. Just please give me a chance. I hate seeing you like this."

I hated when he called me darling.

I hated how It made me feel Inside.

I hated the butterflies that would flutter In my stomach when he would call me It.

I hated the way he made me feel.

Yet, I loved It.

But I couldn't do this.

"No, Caleb. Just don't. "I said again, makeup still streaming down my face. "I-I just don't wanna hurt you. Please. I'm helping you, Caleb. Please just understand-d. Please." I was full on crying again.

He grabbed my arm and lead me over to the bench next to the doors. He sat me down on his lap, and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Tell me what Is wrong."

I sniffled and wiped my tears quickly.

He nodded, and I nodded back.

I took a deep breath.

"The truth Caleb, Is that you hurt me tonight. Seeing you dancing with Lauren made me upset. The way you rocked her back and worth and smiled at her. It hurt me. I wanna be the one who gets to do that with you Caleb! I wanna to be the one you look at ! I wanna be the girl who you act like you will love forever. I wanna be that girl ! Because I fucking like you ! I've liked you for 12 fucking years, and have never had the chance to tell you. I've been stuck In this friend zone, and I want you ! I don't want any other person. I just want you, Caleb Logan. You and only fucking you!

I start to cry again. Every tear that I could manage dripped down my cheek.

Caleb then took his thumb and began to wipe my tears.

Every last one.

He started to take my chin In his hand.

"Y/N, why didn't you just tell me you liked me?"

"I didn't wanna ruin anything"

He just smiles and looks me In the eyes.

"Oh darling, you haven't ruined anything. This just gives me a chance to do this."

He starts to lean towards me. I know what's coming next. I close my eyes and slowly put my face In the direction of his.

And then his lips our touching mine.

I've never kissed anyone before, so this Is new to me.

But he automatically takes control.

His hands cup around my face, holding me steadily.

His lips, smooth and soft, are against mine.

It still takes me by surprise.

But I don't pull away, and neither does he.

He starts to kind of move his lips, and I'm confused.

Does he want me to stop?

But then I realize that he just wants to kiss a little bit more passionately.

So I hold onto his shoulders, keeping myself balanced.

I then slightly open my mouth.

And then suddenly, we're making out.

I can already taste the kiss. It's sweet, like nectar from a peach.

It's different, but I love It.

Our lips work together, like In a steady motion.

This Is all confusing. I've never experienced this. Somehow though, I get through It.

I don't wanna pull away.

I don't wanna stop this feeling.

But we both end up pulling away at the same time.

We both just stare at each other for a little bit, until we just start to burst into laughter.

His laugh Is one of a kind, simple, yet unique.

He takes his hand and wipes hair out of my face, while he still giggles.

All of the laughing eventually stops, and we just sit there. Me on his lap, and both of us staring at the stars.

His gaze still to the sky, he questions me.

"So, what Is this?"

I turn to him and smirk.

"I don't know. We may just have to find out."

I hop off his lap, grab his hand, and we both walk back Into prom.

And we don't let go.