Chapter 7: A Change Without Changing

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, any Naruto characters, or anything Naruto related.

Also sorry for not updating, I had problems with WiFi and a bunch of homework from each class so blame the school :)

Picture of Sakura and Ino when they're older, enjoy.

Chapter 7: A Change Without Changing

Tsuki's POV
Where am I? Am I dead? Is this how my life ends? I thought as I walked in a dark abyss, wandering endlessly. I couldn't see a thing, I was aimlessly walking in a direction that I had no idea to where I was going.

I could hear all the voices from my comrades along with Zabuza and Haku. I feel cold, numb, I don't have any sort of sadness. I mean, what's waiting out there for me. Nothing but neglect, loneliness, and constantly study, that's not a life and if it is, it's just a sad life.

I can finally be free, no constant worrying about how I'll be treated. I can finally be myself, no one to look after and no one to bother me.

Yeah, I'll feel guilty for leaving both Naruto and Sasuke, but they'll find someone better, someone who's worth the trouble. Not someone who's just a nuisance and useless, since I'm always getting hurt and causing them problems.

"You need to go back" a voice cuts my train of thoughts.

"Who's there" I ask the black abyss.

Suddenly, a woman with short wavy pink hair that reaches above her shoulders appears in front of me.

"I'm you, silly. You have to go back Tsuki" my older self says.

"Why? What do I have out there?" I argue.

"I know life isn't the best right now, but it will get better. You need to help those around you, protect them, even if it means sacrificing your happiness" she says.

"Protect them" I ask.

"Yes, your friends both Naruto and Sasuke, their lives are going to change soon and you need to be there to help them and protect them through the troubles" she explains.

I look at her closely, I notice that she she has a few scars decorating her flawless skin, she has bags under her eyes, from stress making her look older than intended. She, I, must've been through so much to end up looking like that.

"Of course you can do that, or you give up and no longer be a part of their lives. Give up and just be another name that's etched on the memorial stone back home. Become a name that has no meaning, give up and be forgotten about. You choose, it's your life after all" she says.

I look down at my feet, and think. Will I just be a forgotten name that has no meaning, nobody caring about me, I'll just become another shinobi who lost their life on a mission. Is that what I really want?

No.

I made a promise to help those around me to achieve their dreams. How will I help if I'm not there?

I need to go back. No. I want to go back and help them.

Naruto, Sasuke, I promise to help and protect you, even if it means sacrificing my own happiness.

"How do I go back" I ask and watch her smile at me.

"Just take the way you came from and you'll see a door, open it and you'll return to the living world" she informs.