-9- Dom is a Deer! And Mary Plays With Her Food

"Tell me the truth." I whispered to myself.

Mary laughed. "Your lucky I have vampire hearing or I would not have been able to hear what you had just said then, boy. So don't be a deer, or you'll regret it." She took my hand gently into hers.

I crooked an eyebrow, "what are you doing?"

She closed her eyes tightly, "I'm not going to tell you the truth ." Mary tighten her grip and took a deep breath in. "I'm going to take you to it."

"What!" Before I knew what was happening, I was no longer sitting on a bench. The area was damp and the moon was high in the sky. Bells ran in the distance and I was lucky I was wearing a jacket. "Mary?" I whispered. My breath could be seen, and goosebumps made there way to my skin.

A girl with solid black hair came from the distance. She wore a dress from the 1700's she looked curiously at me. "Aaron, why are you in the garden at this time."

I looked around to see if anyone else was here. Only trees, raccoons, and me. I pointed to myself before sorta understanding I was Arron in this situation.

"I don't know why." I answered, "who are you." I asked taking a step to her.

The woman's eyes glared at me. "Why are you being so cocky? Get into the house before your mother finds out you left, young master." She took me by the hand and pulled me through the marsh and grass. "Oh my word, since you stopped sucking at the tit, you've been almost un-controllable."

That's when I noticed I was much shorter than the woman who was pulling me through the maze of trees. Never have I been shorter than most girls by this much.  I looked at my hands to see they were tiny, and I looked at my wrinkled clothing. I was no longer wearing my read Abercrombie sweater, now I wore a navy blue button jacket with wool gloves. My pants were high trousers, my shirt on the other hand was white and tucked in.

I didn't say a word. I listened to horses cry, men shout from the street. Carriages ran fast through the dirt. The time I was in right now was the real deal, no lousy scripts, acting, and clothing. Everything was real.

A large house laid ahead in the darkness. It seem foreign but some reason it seem like somewhere I knew.

"You know the darkness shall kill you if you give it the chance." She whispered to me. "You must stay inside at night."

"The darkness kills." I told myself. "Where have I heard that before."

The woman stopped in her step. "Do you not listen to a word I say. Every moon I tell you it shall catch you and kill you." She started walk again, "the manors right ahead."

I felt as if I couldn't adjust to this time period, what I say is wrong, what I do is worse, and how I see it is the definition of horrible.

"Is something watching us." For some reason I did not feel panic, but I felt like someone was watching me closely. "Do you know Mary?" I asked.

The woman turned and took me by the mouth. "You shall never say that name, especially when the moon is at full power. You know even if the slightest words escape your mouth it can be deadly."

I gulped hard and nodded. I was not sure what this woman meant. All she was telling me was that the world just wanted me dead. Was it just be gathering only THIS of what she said.