Left Alone

"Honestly," Hana stated. "There is absolutely no reason for us to even rob the Kingdom of Diamonds, let alone kill the King."

"That's true," Emmet answered. "They're so far in debt they'll probably collapse in on themselves."

The Kingdom of Diamonds wasn't in the best position. The Kingdom was far in debt, and the Queen had died from sickness many years earlier. The King was old and curmudgeonly, and his son seemed shallow and uninspired.

Rumors always spread that Diamonds would fall. They'd been circulating since the Queen died, but now they were stronger and more plausible than ever.

The Prince was the Kingdom's last chance, and many were upset with his choice of Queen.

The Kingdom was only a few steps away from utter destruction, and although the Alphas had told Hana to go take care of it and push them over the edge, she was feeling a bit lazy.

The Omega decided to spend her night raiding wealthy houses. She had gotten away with thirty pounds of gold jewelry and a white peacock, and was polishing a ring she had decided to keep for herself.

The Kingdom of Diamonds would fall regardless, Hana wasn't worried.

Her messenger rang and she picked it up, looking at the dim screen. She almost choked on the air as she saw the message.

Addy had been caught.

The device rang again and Hana sat straight up, intrigued at the message that had come across.

Her eyes widened and an evil smirk stretched across her face as she realized exactly what this meant for the Jokers and the Kingdom of Clubs. What it meant for the King, and the Princess.

Hana threw the device down on her cot    and turned to Emmet. "Something just came up," she said, her smirk growing even wider. "Good thing I decided not to go to the Kingdom of Diamonds."