34

CHAPTER 34

DAY 45/69

I closed my eyes waiting for the bullet but it never came.

My body shook violently under the grasp of the rope, tightly securing myself against the chair that I had just escaped from.

"Hyung! " I could hear the distinctive shouting from Jungkook.

I was scared to open my eyes.

I was scared to see the truth.

I was scared to see who was dying in my arms.

I felt wet watery liquid flowing through, it seeped through my dress and could feel the weight of the person, lying on my body.

"No no no no no! " Anna raged and stomped around, I opened my left eye slightly, peeping.

"Ji... jimin... " hot salty tears came rolling down my eyes as the first teardrop landed on his soft cheeks.

"Cassandra. " he forced a smile and Jungkook immediately ran towards us,freeing himself from the guard. Anna just stood there watching.

She fell to the ground on her knees, "my Jiminie... why? Why did you take a bullet for such a worthless bitch? "

She grabbed the wooden stick that was on the floor, making her way towards me with wobbly legs.

"You deserve this ."she screams in her high piched voice, followed by a long pause ,
She swung the wooden stick across my face, the last thing I heard were people shouting before my brain shuts down and I blacked out, K.O.

————
"Please... please wake up. Jebal, I love you so much Cassandra... please... if you love me, you would come back to me, won't you?! " I felt someone 's hand interlocked with mine and there was wet tears at the tip of my fingers, someone was crying, who?

I opened my eyes but all I saw was pitch black, darkness, " Jungkook...? " I called out softly.

"Cassandra?!! Cassandra! Your awake !!" I could hear Jungkook screaming with tears of joy, " can you turn on the lights? " I asked him but I could feel him stop smiling.

"What do you mean Jagi? What do you mean by turning on the lights, it's already on pabo. And your looking at me, gosh how much have I missed you. I'm so sor—"I could definitely hear Jungkook 's voice but is this a dream?

"I can't see you... Jungkook." I told him.

————
THIRD PERSON POV

"What do you mean? " Jungkook asked as he waved his arms frantically in front of the girl 's face but there was no response, no blinking, no shifting of pupils.

"Jungkook??? " Cassandra 's voice started quavering as she let go of his hand and touched her eyes.

" I can't see Jungkook, I'm scared! " she let a few drops of tears fall down from her face.

After hearing that, Jungkook immediately pressed the button for the doctors to come in.

"Yes what's wro—" before the doctor could say anything, Jungkook went in front of him and started shaking his body back and forth, "my girlfriend can't see anything?! What is wrong with her eyesight?! What is going on?!?!?! " anxiety could be heard from his voice which made Cassandra cry harder.

"Oppa... where are you? " she touched around the place wanting to feel him beside her, "oppa im really scared. Am i blind?! " she screams suddenly shutting her eyelids properly.

"This is just a dream. This is just a dream. " she chanted to herself and started knocking her forehead onto the bed frame, Jungkook put his hand on the spot where she was hitting hence her forehead was just smacking continuously on his palms.

"Doctor, do something! Now! " Jungkook exclaimed and the doctor wasted no time, injecting a syringe into her skin, making her fall onto the bed immediately.

"I would need to check on her, it seems like she has lost her sight. "

"Doctor can you stop saying the obvious, even a dog can tell that she has lost her sight , just tell me something that I don't know, God damn it! " Jungkook slams his hand on the table, startling the doctor.

"Alright, to put it simply, you said that she got hit on the head, right? The impact has caused her nerve system to malfunction, in another words , her eyesight, her vision... it's gone. There's no hope for her anymore, I'm afraid." The doctor explained .

"Are you sure there is none? "There was anxiety, regret and sadness, all mixed in Jungkook 's tone.

"There is one, but it is too risky. Besides, it is very rare to get someone 's pair. " the doctor said muttering under his breath softly, but still audible for Jungkook to hear.

"What do you mean? "

"We need someone 's pair of healthy eyes, for her. We need a donor. We can't use the deads, we can only use a living person 's pair of eyes, there is not many people out there who are willing to donate , you get what I mean kid? There's no hope for her eyes anymore, I'm afraid. "

"I'll donate my eyes for her. Please, doctor, I'm begging you. "Jungkook knelt onto the floor, holding onto the doctor 's hands.