1 - Weddings are Stupid

"Mila! Stop!" yelled a desperate Normani Hamilton, who stood by a black sedan; careful not to physically strain herself when the sight of her friend alone managed to unsettle her mentally. "You're making a ginormous mistake - the size of Texas! Or the entire North American continent! Lucky!"

She raised her hand up to her forehead to wipe the sweat that had broken from her ebony skin but her dark brown eyes burned with exasperation towards her Cuban friend, dashing towards the heavy double doors of the chateau before them.

"Damn it, Mila! Get your ass back here this instant!" Normani made a conical shape out of both hands, circling her mouth as she bellowed, "Dinah Jane! Get her scrawny butt back here!"

Camila Cabello could feel her lungs burn as her sore legs propelled her forward across the well-maintained bed of grass; surging with both determination and desperation. Suddenly, jumping in action after a funeral to bury a fallen comrade she did not personally know, wearing leather shoes and thick pants wasn't such a bright idea. Desperation was talking and she only heeded to it.

Thankfully, she had gotten rid of her traditional uniform coat somewhere along her trail; the exact location was indeterminate but she can worry about that later.

Camila reached for the collar of her white button down, tugging to loosen the suddenly suffocating object. She had trailed behind countless numbers of hooligans but that day was different, and not even the scorching rays of the summer sun would have been a factor. She was that good with the chase - literally.

Camila wanted to stop a wedding. No, she needed to stop a wedding.

Adrenaline coursed through her veins, igniting her traitor of a heart that decided to pound harder; slamming against her constricted chest. Anxiety was another thing. The thought of being too late was taunting while depleting her energy levels. Her head and torso were ravaged by heat, and the slightly cooler invisible air Camila had been cutting through did nothing to decrease her heightened temperature.

Camila leaped over a hedge and her dark brown hair and navy blue tie bounced without grace with respect to her movements; some strands sticking to her face and neck. Olive skin covered in sweat, her blurring arms created momentum, as her ponytailed tresses and clothes danced against the wind.

The problem with overexertion is, she could barely feel her numbing legs and that was an equation that only meant disaster. And just like that, she tripped. Camila's right knee slammed against the ground as she outstretched her arms in preparation for impact that eventually had her face shoved, ruthlessly, against the softer bed of grass.

In an instant, Camila was on her back, clutching onto her right leg and groaning in pain. Features crumpled as she gritted her teeth. No, she was not going anywhere and her immobility diminished the distance that parted her from her other friend and co-worker, Dinah Jane Hansen, who was hot on her trail.

"Finally!" Dinah exclaimed; at least, tried to as she panted the word out being in the same shape as Camila. She threw her long arms out, as if praising the gods in her victory, huffing and puffing to cope with her body's demands. "Thank you, clumsy fairies for blessing me with that! Could you not take so long next time?"

Dinah, a taller and larger woman, blamed Camila's slender frame and shorter stature for whatever gap that was between them. Camila could have easily "maneuver" through the open lawn, a shortcut, towards the Cape Cod-style chateau situated at the front of a very large country club. Besides, wind resistance would most likely be of lesser intensity against that shapely Latina body Camila possessed; not that she didn't love her enviable curvaceous Polynesian physique.

Normani never even attempted to chase after the pair. She had only returned from a month-long maternity leave, not quite in shape for high-pressure running. Camila wouldn't want her to either. She didn't want Dinah following her but curse that Polynesian for being extremely fit and more coordinated than her.