Chapter Ten

Spencer's POV:
The next day, I arrived at Ezra's apartment at about 11:00am. I brought the chocolate that I had refrigerated overnight so that it wouldn't melt and the movie. He had not picked up the flowers yet so after we had everything else together, we got in his car and drive to the florist.
When we got there, I just waited in the car while Ezra quickly ran inside to grab the flowers and pay. I sat in the car, looking out the window, fiddling with my fingers. I heard a small clank on the concrete as if someone had thrown a small rock on it, then caught a glimpse of a girl's legs disappearing around the corner onto the next street. I knew no one was after us anymore, but I still got scared. Luckily, just then, Ezra strides out of the store holding a gorgeous assorted bouquet. He smiled as he got into the car and handed me the flowers to hold as he buckled. Through the rear-view mirrors, I saw the bushes behind the car rustle, and with the door still open, could hear another click. The sun started shining through the mirror, reflecting into my eyes, so I had to look away. In front of me, the sun was shining, so how did it get to the back?
       On the ride to Aria's, I convinced myself that someone in the bushes was looking for something they lost, and the light coming into the car from that direction was a flashlight they were using to look. By the time we pulled into her driveway, I had forgotten all about it.
We grabbed all the items that we got her and got out of the car. Without knocking so that it could be a surprise, we went inside to see no one downstairs. Perfect! Aria was probably in her room sleeping and we told her mom that we were coming, so we could set everything up before she even knew we were there. We set up the flowers and chocolate nicely on the table, then put the movie into the T. V. With the volume muted, we skipped through the previews to get right to the movie. When we were done, we quietly crept up to her room. I gently rapped on the door and she responded. "Come in", she said in her raspy, weak voice. I opened the door and we both stood there smiling like the geeks we are. "Guys!", she exclaimed in excitement. "What are you doing here?" "We just wanted to come spend time with you", I told her. "Because we both love you so much", Ezra said. "Awh! I love you guys!", she said and we went over to sit with her. "How about we all go downstairs..?" Ezra hinted to me. Ezra carried Aria down the stairs bridal style because she was to frail to walk on her own. When she saw what we had set up for her she gasped and hugged Ezra and me. She looked so happy that she almost cried.
     We sat together and watched the movie. Aria shared her chocolate with us and even though I was third wheeling the couple, it was still a lot of fun and Aria loved it. I had gained her love back and I was so happy!
       Later that night, after we both had left, it was about 10:30pm. My phone buzzed and I was surprised to see that it was from Aria, since she has been going to bed very early since her diagnosis. It read, "I can't believe you would do this to me! I thought you were my friend but I guess not".

Authors Note:
Hey! Sorry for not updating in almost a month!:( it's kinda short but I hope you like it!! Please comment and vote; this is almost at 500 reads!😍 -Kayley♡