Chapter Nine

Spencer's POV:
     When I left Aria's, I was a little upset, but not surprised. I knew that she's always wanted the best for me and for me to reach all of my goals. She thinks that she is holding me back from living my life, but she is much more important than college or anything else. I hope she comes around soon. I told her I would call her tomorrow, but I want to talk to her now! Though, she might be and bed and seemed like she needed time to process when I left. I don't really know why she is so mad, I mean, I'm doing his for her and I want to do it! She is just very independent and doesn't want any help or for anyone to change anything for her. Also, if I wasn't here, she would only have Ezra! I mean, I know she loves him and all, but she could use some girl time once in a while! I decided that I needed to let her know how much she means to me and that she is worth giving up anything. I wanted to involve Ezra in this, too.
I found Ezra's number in my phone. Aria had put it in there in case there was ever and emergency or something with "A" and she needed him if she didn't have her phone. We actually did use it once, so I've been keeping it just in case. I called him and after hearing my phone ring a few times, heard, "Hello?". It was Ezra. "Hi, Ezra. This is Spencer."
     "Um, hi Spencer", he responded. "What can I, uh, help you with?" "Well," I started, "I wanted to do something special for Aria to show her we love and care about her", I told him. "Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. She's been so out of it with this whole situation, and I don't blame her, but I think we should do something for her." We figured out that we would meet at the Brew later to discuss what we should do.
     At about 3:00pm, I arrived at the Brew. Ezra said it wasn't too busy there today because a lot of the teens that usually hung out there were at school or off to college, so he could probably make time to stop working and talk to me. I saw him as soon as I walked in. He had two coffees in his hand and used his elbow to motion me to the table we could sit at. I walked over to it and sat down to wait for him. He came over and handed me one of his coffees, I thanked him, and we started planning. We decided that we would bring her flowers, chocolate, and a DVD copy of her favorite movie "The Great Gatsby". Then we would watch it with her and maybe Skype all of the girls. Then the next day, we will take her to get a massage. I asked Ella is a massage would be okay considering all of her pain and the doctor said it was so we called and made her an appointment for 4:00 in two days. Then, Ezra called the florist and ordered a bouquet assortment of red roses and daisies and I went to Target to find a copy of "The Great Gatsby". Lucky for us, Target was having a sale on all old movies, so they had tons of old movies that you couldn't usually find anywhere!
      I also went to the Lindt store and bought her a big box of chocolate with a red bow on it. When I went to pay, the cashier asked me, "Who's this for? Your boyfriend?" Though I thought it was a personal and slightly rude question, I answered her. "I'm getting them for my best friend who is sick", I told her. "Oh, did she get the stomach bug? I heard that has been spreading around and my son got it, too!", she explained. "No, she's a different kind of sick", I said, dimming my mood. "Oh..", she said a little bit questioningly, as if she didn't understand what I meant. "She has leukemia", I blurted out. "Stage four". I swiped my credit card not waiting for an answer as I felt my heart sink all over again and my emotions wash over me like a tsunami. "Oh, I'm so sorry", she said. I sniffled, trying not to make her feel bad for upsetting me. Tears threatened and I kept my head down, fiddling with my purse. "Oh, no it's okay", I told her. "Really." I grabbed the bag with the chocolate inside off the counter and said, "Have a nice day", probably too softly for her to hear before leaving.
      When out in my car, I refused to let tears fall. I had to be strong for Aria. I had to pretend everything was going to be alright, even if it wasn't. I had to believe I still had the same Aria I had three weeks ago. I closed my eyes and took some deep, shaky breaths. Within a few minutes, still in the parking lot, my breaths had become smooth. I opened my eyes and looked up, exhaling in an even and controlled way. I put my hands on the wheel and my right foot on the gas pedal.

Author's Note:
Hey guys!! I'm back! I know I haven't updated since before Halloween and I'm so sorry!! Anyway finally an all Spencer chapter! Hope you enjoy! I'll probably wrote a few chapters tomorrow because I'm always bored at Thanksgiving but I will update them on different days so your reading can be spaced out instead of me not updating for a month and then updating three chapters in one day. Please comment and vote! And tell people about my story! My last chapter only got 11 reads and it was a super important chapter so that's part of the reason I haven't updated in a while. -Kayley♡  1011 words