Chapter 18

Abbey

Even though I was still sore I decided I needed to go to practice. With me missing practice on my birthday and Jason realized I am letting myself lose focus on Taekwondo. This is what I like to do and I can't let anymore distractions interfere. I walked out of the girls locker room with a t-shirt and sweat pants on. I also had my belt around my waist and tied perfectly. Practice is never formal uniforms. Only belt test and tournaments, which reminds me I need to ask when my next one is. When I get to the multi-purpose room my instructor was there and so was Adam. There were a few other kids there too but it was important that he was here. 

I walked up to him with a smile. He was leaning against the wall waiting for practice. He had a neutral expression so I don't know how he feeling. Hopefully he is better from last time I  saw him. 

"What's up?" I signed to him. He shrugged. 

"Nothing?" He stopped for a minute and looked at me closely. He went from neutral to pity . "Me glad you not hurt still. Again me sorry."

"Your fine," I told him. "But promise you practice kicks." He chuckled at bit and nodded.

"Don't think me won't do punches." He threw super light punches at me arm.  Suddenly and kind of out of nowhere I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back too. I was smiling so hard my face hurt. It was perfect for me to know we can move on. I couldn't imagine a life without him. Just the he pushed the hug away and pointed at Erick, my instructor. 

"Start running." We usually do this as our warm up. Our instructor started running and we followed him in belt order. We only did three laps one direction and three laps the other way. Next we did some stretching to continue to warm up our bodies. Then we started basics. Which is going through blocks kicks and punches like last time. And as I said before. If you aren't sweating after basics you aren't doing them right. Once we finished with six step we were bowed off and we had a two minute break. 

Adam and I got water from the water fountain. When we finished I was about to head inside but Jason pulled me to the side. 

"J-a-s-o-n your mate?" he asked me. My eyes shot open. Why did ask me that? 

"Yeah but  only friends." He smiled at that. I wonder what is up with that. 

"Junior prom soon. You bring him?" I shook my head and signed no. "Me take you can?" Just then a rush of happiness ran through me. I was about to respond but I saw Erick waving his arms. 

"Class needs to continue! Come." We bowed entering the room. Sometimes I forget to bow and the door. It's something I need to work on. We took our spots from before. We went through the white belt forms, then the yellow belt forms and then it was time for me Adam to learn the new forms. I am not going to lie I was lost, just like I am with every new form. I know I will get it though. Once we went over forms we lied up for kicking drills. 

"This drill about control," Erick explain. "Kicks need at waist height and you need foot lead with heal. Now bow and get fight stance." I bowed to a white a yellow belt who just got promoted. His kicking was still not even but it is better than what it was before. After I did the drill with him I did it with three more people. Then the time came to spar and I was partnered up with Adam. H

When he came to me he seemed nervous. I smiled at him and he smiled back. 

"Similar drill spar control kick. Block to the calf why bone hit bone breaks. Me not want more accident." For a split second I know he glared at Adam. "Bow and fight stance... Start."

I was impressed with Adam. His kicks were better and so were his blocks. He was even able to get really close and pull back quickly. I am not going to lie he probably would have won in tournament if this was being scored. I went hard on him though and I could tell by his face it was bit of a struggle to keep it up. Erick waved at us to stop since the time was up. We bowed with sweating smiles. Everyone shook hands with everyone and said great job to everyone. It was a great practice. 

Adam was gathering his stuff together but I tapped him on the shoulder. 

"Me love go with you." 

"Great! Now will buy tickets me."

"Now me not have money."

"Ok. Me do. Me want to pay for you." Ok that is really sweet him. He is being so nice. I am really grateful. 

"You best."

"Exactly." We laughed a bit. He looked at me. "You want come my house? Monday me buy Netflix account."

"Sure." I texted my parents I would be at Adam's house. I went back to the locker room and showered. He showed me the tickets when I came out and I just hugged him. We took the bus to his house and it was nice. We caught up with each other about the week and stuff going on. He has been mainly stressing about finals. I don't know why. He is in all honors and has a 3.99 GPA. I don't get the point of the stress.

Once we got to his house we went to his room and put Netflix on. He shut the lights off and we sat next to each other on the bed. However we ended snuggling in a spooning position thirty minutes in. I looked up at him and he already looked down at me. He leaned into me and placed a kiss on my lips. It was nice. It was warm and soft. A part of me felt like I was betraying Jason but we  aren't together. So instead of listening my heart telling to stop I listened to logic and I kissed him back.