Chapter 2

Alpha Jason POV

"God that chem exam was brutal!" my Beta Sean complained as we were walking to the pack house. Unfortunately my car is being inspected so I had to walk today. He had light brown redish hair that was. His eyes were hazel and he had pretty light skinn for a werewolf, which was a very light tan. He was really skill but had defined muscle. He was a tad shorter than me and I am 6 foot 4. "I can't even think straight right now."

"Then why did you sign up for Advance Chemistry?" I told him. He is always whining about all the advance placement classes that he will probably never use. I just take general classes because it's not like I can go to college. I am Alpha of the Silver Dawn Pack and the pack comes before anything else.

"My mom wants me to have a back up plan in case I can't be Beta, which means I need to look smart. You know how she can be."

"Whatever man." Just then I smelled something like chocolate but it was definitely sweeter. I stopped in my tracks enjoying the smell. It was so addictive. What could it be?

"Mate!" my wolf shouted with glee. "Finally!"

"Are you sure?" I asked him. I have been waiting so long to meet my mate and I don't want to disappointment myself after waiting two whole years.

"She is in frozen the yogurt place!"

"Dude what's up?" Sean asked. I looked at him with a smile.

"Well if the test was really that hard I am going to treat you to frozen yogurt," I bullshited to him. I grabbed him by the shoulder and dragged him to the shop.

"Ewwww. You know I hate frozen yogurt. Why not go to Carvel. Its only a block down." I looked him dead in the eyes.

"You are getting fucking frozen yogurt!" I said in my alpha tone unintentionally.

"Alright geez," he told me putting his hands up like he is giving up. We walked in and the smell was stronger. I looked over to see two girls sitting at a booth. The girl facing away from me turned her head and my heart just started to beat a lot faster and butterflies were in my stomach. She was my mate. Just then she shied away and was doing this weird movements with her hands to her friend. I was confused so I walked over thinking I should just introduce myself.

"I thought you were getting me yogurt," Sean called out but I ignored him. I stood right at the head of the table. Both girls looked at me but my mate smiled while the other girl looked worried.

"Hello," I said to her. "My name is Jason. What's your name?" Then her smile faded and she looked over at her friend. She started moving her arms again and once she finished her friend moved her arms too.

"Excuse me," her friend said. "My friend here is deaf and can't hear or understand you at all. If you want I can interpret for you two." I looked at her ears and she had hearing aides but I noticed my mate didn't.

"Shouldn't she have hearing aides then?" I asked her. Her eyes shot right open. My mate wave her hand in front of her a did the movements again. Then the other girl did it again. Geez this was taking a while. My mated ended up looking upset and the other girl was trying to calm her down. This is ridiculous.

"Mate!" I shouted at her. She didn't look at me she was still doing the thing with her arms. "MATE!" I shouted louder.

"She can't hear you not matter how loud you shout," her friend told me firmly and she stood up. My mate got up to too. She did the arm movement thing facing me. I probably looked as confused as I felt, which was fucking confused.

"She said, 'I, Abbey Green, reject you Jason as my mate."

"WHAT!" The girl kept doing the hand movements again. But Abbey got her stuff and stormed out. She is not getting away from me that easily. I went after her and I heard Sean follow.

"Why did she reject you?" Sean asked. I only responded with a growl. I caught up to her and gripped her shoulder and made her turn around.

"You can't just reject me!" I shouted at her. "I am Alpha and I need you to be my Alpha female!" She shook her head and pulled out her phone. She went on a typing app. She typed at message and handed me the phone. I read it out loud.

"First of all shouting doesn't make me hear all a of sudden. I only use written communication or American Sign Language. That's it. Second of all I don't want to have a mate who one doesn't know asl, two doesn't understand and respect my culture, and three is an asshole." I sighed now knowing she doesn't want me. I typed on her phone.

"Sorry for the bad start. I wasn't sure how to react. I never had met a fully deaf person before. I just got frustrated. Can we start over?" I showed her the message and she looked like she was in deep thought. She took her phone back.

"On one condition," she told me. "You must take a Summer Class for Basic American Sign Language. I would normally say sign up for it now but school is over in a few months." My eyes shot wide open. I typed on her phone.

"That's going to be hard since I have to run my pack. Maybe you can teach me instead." She took my phone back and showed me the message she typed.

"I guess you don't want me then. Have fun being Alpha." Of course I wanted her. We may not know each other yet but she is my mate. I will soon be head over heals for her and want to mark her. She is going to be my everything. She put her phone in her pocket and walked away I caught up to her quickly and went in front of her. She stopped and looked annoyed.

"Please," I spoke making my arms doing a begging gesture. "I." I pointed myself. "Want you." I pointed her and nodded. "To be mine." I put my hand over my heart. She pulled out her phone.

"Are you signing up for the classes or no?" she asked me. I wasn't even sure if I could fit this into my schedule but it doesn't seem like she is giving me much flexibility on this. I nodded my head. Just then this huge smile came across her face. She also looked relieved.

"Thank you," she typed. "This is important to me that I can communicate with my mate in my language." I took her phone.

"My school, the Academy, it is not offered. Where am I supposed to take it?" She looked at the message and smacked her face with her hand.

"I go to an all deaf school and they offer ASL classes to hearing people during the summer. You will go there." We have an all deaf school? Since when? I took the phone back.

"That's good but are you in a pack or a rouge?" She looked more confused.

"What is a rouge?" I just grabbed her phone.

"We really need to work on your wolf knowledge." Then she smiled and typed this.

"Same for you about the deaf world."