Chapter 17

POV Sharon

I ran home in my wolf form. I can't believe he would say all of that! I know he doesn't know much about Deaf Culture but come on. I am perfectly happy being deaf. I know I am not profoundly deaf like Abbey, but being deaf is who I am. I mean I wasn't always deaf though. My deafness didn't start till I was I was four months.

I had a caught Rubella when I was one. The doctors said to my parents that I might have caught it from the hospital. When my dad got paralyzed from a rouge fight when he was Alpha he was taken to the hospital. My mom took me not knowing what was in store for me. I soon got a high fever and had a rash all over my body and later my lymph nodes were swollen. That god I was treated soon enough or who know what could have happen. And I know some people may think losing my hearing was bad. But I can still hear a bit. 

I want what my parents have. A nice healthy relationship where they respect each other. Even though my dad is disabled now my mom still loves and takes care of him all the time. 

When I got home I went to my room. My house only had one floor, which was fine. Plus it made it easier for my dad to access all the rooms if need be. Speaking of which, he opened the door and looked concerned. I put my hearing aides back in.

"I wanted to see if you were hungry," my dad spoke and signed. Just as note when you sign and speak at the same time your signing ends up following English grammar, which isn't ASL. It is Pidgin Signed English. If you know Spanglish it's the same idea. You take ASL signs but put them in English word order. You can see this on Switch at Birth.

"Your mom told me this morning she is not going to be home till late tonight."

"I am not hungry," I told him and signed.

"What's wrong princess?" he asked me. He wheeled his chair closer to my bed. 

"My mate is an ignorant ass," I told him. "I thought he would just accept me as soon as he came into my life."

"Do I need to kick his ass?" he dad said in a serious tone. I shook my head. 

"I told him I never wanted to see again. And I feel that way... I really do."

"That is the curse of the bond. No matter what you always want to be with that person."

"You are saying like having a mate is bad thing..."

"It can be... I actually wanted to talk to about something else that is really important." I looked at him confused. 

"What's up?"

"I am going ask your mom for a divorce," he and signed clearly. My eyes shot wide open. What the hell? Why? They love each other. "I am doing it for your mom... she hasn't been happy since I got... you know." My mouth dropped. 

"No that's not right. She loves you. And when you get married it states 'And in sickness and in health.' You guys have to stay together!" My dad began to become teary eyed. I have not seen my dad cry, whether in sadness or joy. He must believe this is the only good option. He took a moment before he spoke and signed. 

"I can't make my mate unhappy. I love her so much. But I see the tired look in her eyes. She has to help me with so much and I know she is sick of it. I can tell she cares but she needs... some else." I noticed tears were coming out of my eyes now. This can't be happen. I can't allow it.

"I don't think that will work. Please reconsider..." 

"Princess," he interrupted with his words only. He took his hands and held mine as we teared up together. "It is for the best. And no matter what happens you will always be my little. I love you so much and I will always be your father."

"But... but... daddy..." Just then I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was my mom in her work suit. She looked so worried and sad. 

"What happened?" my mom asked with worry. She signed and spoke at the same time like my dad. 

"Mom please don't do it!" I begged. 

"Sharon stop." He signed and spoke. Judging by his face he yelled. 

"Don't what?" she asked. My dad looked at her. She looked even more worried. "Honey?"

"I was telling Sharon I think it would be best for you if we got a divorce..." My mom backed up a bit and put her hand over her mouth. 

"Why?" why she signed without speaking a word. 

"I know you are not happy. I can see it... Not only that Roger called you..." My mom's eyes shot open and so did mine. Who the fuck is Roger. "You left your phone at home the other day when you went out. He called so I answered for you. He told me to ask if you are available for Saturday night." My mom is cheating!

"He is just a friend from work Landon," my mom spoke. "I told him no and he is just being persistent."

"Did you tell him you were fucking married!" I yelled at them. My parents were shocked at my reaction. They just stared me in fear. "Well?" I yelled again. My mom shook her head. "How could you do this to us?"

"I never went out with him," my mom cried. "He and I are friends from work. I never would cheat."

"You thought about it though! Why else wouldn't you mention it? Did you flirt with him too?"

"No I was just nice to him!" I was silent for a moment and suddenly this came out of my mouth. 

"When you guys get the divorce lawyers make sure they I know I only want him to have full custody of me!" I walked around my dad and shoved passed my mom. I threw my hearing aides on the ground and went outside. I needed to go on a run. 

All that argument proved to me is having a mate is a bad idea. I am going to to reject Ray never listen to the bond.