Chapter 20 : Adorkable

Chapter 20

Riker POV

I couldn't help myself. She looked so beautiful, and she'd been so nice, taking care of me and everything.

And I kissed her! I pulled away almost immediately, realizing what I'd just done. It was like I had no control! And I was mortified!

"I-I'm so sorry! I just... I don't know what happened!"

"Shhh. It's ok... I kind of liked it actually..."

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT!?

"W-what do you mean?"

"Riker, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Um... Well when you told me Macy was your girlfriend... Um... I felt... jealous... And I think I might actually... have feelings for you..."

If my body didn't hurt so much, I would've jumped up and down. But I stayed calm, waiting to see what would happen next.

"So... What does this mean?" I asked.

"Um... I'm not sure... What are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be. I don't want to force you into anything if you're not ready, and have it blow up... Like last time..."

"Sorry... Um... Riker, I honestly don't think I'm ready for this yet. I mean... I had a really bad breakup right before I moved here. But I don't want to just be friends. Do you think maybe you could be something... between boyfriend and friend? I mean... for right now at least?"

"Sure!"

"Sorry... I'm just scared..."

I kissed Taylor quickly on the lips.

"Don't be scared. I will never hurt you."

"Thanks, Riker."

Taylor pulled the blankets over us a little more, and put her laptop on the floor. She snuggled close to me, and I put my arm around her, holding her close.

SHE'S FINALLY MINE!

The next morning...

Riker POV

I used Taylor's previous technique to wake her up this morning. I slid myself closer to her, and kissed her softly. She started to kiss back, and opened her eyes, smiling.

"I love you..." Taylor said, softly, closing her eyes again.

"I love you too."

"How are you feeling?"

"Not so well..."

Taylor stared straight at me.

"You have 2 black eyes, and some bruises on your poor face."

"I know. They hurt."

Taylor put her arm around me.

"I hate seeing you like this," Taylor whispered into my chest.

"It's ok. I'll get better soon."

Taylor sighed, and I held her close to me.

"I'm kind of worried," I said, softly.

"Why?"

"School..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

My phone buzzed, and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Riker, it's Rocky. Um... Ross showed mom a video. And um... it was of you... on Instagram... She wants you home now."