Chapter 3 : Stalkers

Chapter 3

Riker POV

"So..." I said, not exactly sure what to do now.

"What?"

"What do we do?"

"I don't know. My dad isn't leaving the house today. So you can either leave from my balcony, or you can risk sneaking out of my house."

"Um... I'm kind of scared of both options."

Taylor rolled her eyes.

"Well then stay here. But I'm not here to entertain you."

I opened her balcony doors, and looked at my window. It was only about 3 feet away. It seemed easy to get from here to there, yet I couldn't understand how I messed it up the other day.

I took out my phone and called Ross.

"What?" Ross answered.

"Can you come open the window?"

"What window?"

"The window in our room."

"Oh. Sure. Why? Are you too weak?"

I rolled my eyes.

"No. I'm at Taylor's, and I'm stuck."

"Ok. I'll be there in a minute."

Sure enough, Ross came up, and opened my window.

"Taylor?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going back to my house."

"Ok..."

I carefully climbed over the railing, and held on, not daring to look down. I turned towards my window. I put one foot on the windowsill, and froze.

I'm scared!

"Ross!"

"What?"

"Help."

Ross walked over to me.

"Grab my hand," I said.

I reached over, and was barely able to grab my brother's hand. I pushed off the balcony really hard, and made it through the window, but I whacked my head really hard on the top of it. I fell on the carpet, curling in a ball, rubbing my head with my hands.

"Ugh! That really hurt!"

It felt like my head was vibrating. Everything was moving, and I felt kind of dizzy.

"Riker? Are you ok?"

"Just... dizzy..."

"You look kind of pale."

"No. I'm fine."

I tried standing up, but I fell over, crashing into the side of my dresser, and falling down again.

"Ow!"

"I'm getting Rocky."

Rocky came in my room a few minutes later. I stared up at him from the floor.

"What happened?" Rocky asked.

"I slammed into the window, and now I feel dizzy."

"How?"

"I jumped from Taylor's balcony to my window."

"Why!? Since you failed the first time, were you trying it again, trying to prove you could do it or something!?"