Chapter 14 : 911

Chapter 14

Riker POV

"Kiss me," Taylor said, staring into my eyes.

Well she doesn't need to tell me twice!

Our lips were pressed together gently. Her lips tasted like strawberries. We pulled away, and I stared into her eyes.

"Wow..." I said.

Neither one of us said anything else for a minute.

"Riker?"

"Yeah?"

"It's cold."

I realized we were still in the pool.

"Right. Let's go."

I helped Taylor out of the pool, grabbed my DVD and Taylor's hand, and pulled her to my house. I handed her a towel, which she wrapped around herself. I grabbed some pajamas, and went to go change in the bathroom, but someone was in it. I walked back to my room.

"I'll change at your house. Someone's in the bathroom," I said.

"Ok."

We went back to Taylor's.

Taylor POV

"Hey, Taylor?"

"Yeah?"

"Um... I usually take a shower before bed. So I might go back home sometime soon."

"You could take a shower in my bathroom if you want. I'll change while you're in there."

"Oh. Ok, thanks."

Later...

Taylor POV

I finally heard Riker turn the shower off. I kept waiting and waiting and waiting. But he was taking forever!

"Riker?" I said, knocking on the door lightly.

"Yeah?"

"Are you almost done?"

"Yeah, finishing my hair now. Why?"

"I have to go to the bathroom. And if my dad sees me without wet hair, he'll know something's up."

Riker opened the door. He was standing in the doorway, shirtless.

"Um... Taylor? My eyes are up here."

"Sorry."

"It's ok. Go ahead."

Riker POV

I sat on Taylor's bed, only in my pajama bottoms. I wasn't sure about anything that had happened tonight. Does she like me? Does she not? Does she just feel bad I didn't get the part?

Taylor came out, and sat down beside me. I got up, grabbed my shirt from the bathroom, and pulled it on, over my head. I sat down next to Taylor again.

"Taylor?"

"Hmmm?"

"Do you like me or not?"

"Whoa... Um... I... I'm not sure, to be honest... I'm sorry. I'm trying to figure out how I feel."

"Oh..."

"I'm sorry, Riker."

"I understand..."

"Sorry..."

"Can I just ask something?"

"Sure."

"Are you pretending to like me because I didn't get the part?"