Chapter 13 : "Kiss me."

Chapter 13

The next day...

Taylor POV

I woke up in Riker's arms. It was like he had a death grip on me, and I couldn't move.

"Riker."

I poked his nose gently.

"Riker!"

"Hmmm?"

"I can't move."

Riker's eyes shot open, and he flinched backwards, almost falling off my bed.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that! I wasn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable!"

"Riker, chill. I just had to go to the bathroom."

Riker POV

Taylor walked over to her bathroom, and shut the door. My heart was pounding in my chest. I sighed, falling back down on Taylor's pillow.

Taylor came back out a minute later, and got in bed next to me again.

"Taylor, I'm so sorry."

"Riker, it's fine. Really. I actually kind of liked it."

She's just saying that...

"Are you ok? You look kind of pale," Taylor said.

"I'm fine."

Taylor laid down next to me again, staring into my eyes.

"Riker, I'm the one who should feel weird. But I don't. I want things to go back to normal, and you're making everything weird."

"I'm sorry. I just don't want to make you feel uncomfortable."

"Well you aren't, so stop worrying so much."

"I ruined Thanksgiving, didn't I?"

"No! Riker, don't feel bad. I understand where you were coming from. And I get why you didn't want to tell me. It's ok."

"Thanks..."

"Do you want to go get breakfast?"

"What about your dad?"

"He was supposed to leave early this morning for a business thing. And my mom won't care."

"Ok."

I followed Taylor downstairs. We made some bowls of cereal, and sat down at the table to eat them. Taylor's mom came down a little later.

"Oh, I'm surprised to see you guys. I thought maybe you had a fight or something," her mom said.

"No. Everything's good. Right, Riker?"

"Yeah."

Emily and Jake came down.

"What's Riker doing here?" Emily asked.

"We're having breakfast together," Taylor said.

Jake gave us a weird look, but then turned to look in the fridge.

Later...

Riker POV

I went back to my house after breakfast. I went upstairs, where Rocky was doing something in our closet.

"There you are! Where were you?"

"I slept over Taylor's."

"Really!?"