Chapter 7 : The Storm

Chapter 7

Taylor POV

We sat up, still laughing a little. Riker was staring at me, and then suddenly just kissed me! I pulled away immediately, shocked.

"I-I'm so sorry! I don't know why I did that!" Riker said, looking absolutely mortified.

Riker stood up, running his fingers through his hair.

"I have to go!" Riker said, practically running out of my room.

Well alright then...

Later...

Taylor POV

"I don't even know what to think," I said to Jake.

"Well why do you think he kissed you?"

"I don't know! Maybe he likes me, maybe he doesn't! I have no clue!"

"Well did you like it?"

"I don't know! It all happened so fast!"

"Well how long did you guys kiss for?"

"Like a second because as soon as he did it, I pulled away! I was shocked!"

"Has he said anything since?"

"No."

"Well... I don't know what you should do then."

"Can I sit with you on the bus tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"I just don't want to talk to Riker about it yet."

Riker POV

"She must hate me! I can't believe I did that! I'm such an idiot!" I shouted to my mom.

"Riker, it was a kiss. There's no way it had that much impact."

"But mom, she pulled away immediately! I don't even know why I did it! It just happened!"

"Well have you talked to her about it?"

"No! Because she'll be mad!"

"Riker, I'm sure if you explain that it was an accident, she won't be mad."

"Oh my god... That was so embarrassing!"

"Why don't you go get ready for bed. Get a good night sleep, and think things over."

"Ok. Goodnight, mom."

"Goodnight, Riker."

I gave my mom a hug, and then ran up the stairs to my room.

"Is it true?" Rocky asked.

"Is what true?"

"Did you really kiss Taylor?"

"Yes, I really kissed Taylor! Don't talk about it! It was mortifying!"

I grabbed clothes out of my dresser, and went to go change in the bathroom.

Friday...

Taylor POV

I got off the bus, and walked to my house with Jake and Emily. I'd made up with Emily, but Riker and I still hadn't spoken since we... kissed.

I went up to my room, and pulled out my homework. My parents came home early from work today to take Emily and Jake to baseball tryouts. Emily wasn't trying out, but she's always had a thing for baseball players, so she wanted to go.