Chapter 4: Bodyguard

Beginne am Anfang

"Stan and I suggests your both surname, but can you like mix that up? But please dont make it so obvious."

Cabello, Jauregui. Cabello, Jauregui. Camila allowed the bickering to get into her head as she tried to make a choice between the two options. She could see the impatience and suspicion growing on Jauregui's face so she realized she had to figure this out fast.

"My name is Camila..." she trailed off. "Cabregui. Camila Cabregui."

Camila just couldn't decide, so her brain simply combined the names together and had her mouth blurt it out. Hell, she didnt even know how to pronounce it.

"Camila Cabregui? I told you dont--"

"Camila Cabregui," Mike memorized the name. "Where did you train?"

"Chinese Academy for Martial Arts," she lied. She wondered if that made up institution actually existed.

"Okay, so I guess we need to create a new profile for you, Camila Cabregui.

Lauren who greatly needed to nurse her hangover turned to her father and said, "Just hire her, dad. I think she has already proven that she's qualified for the job."

"Job?" Camila croaked.

"Your job here is to be my daughter's bodyguard," Mike firmly stated. "You will be responsible for her safety and directly answerable to me. Tell me if she bribes you into leaving her alone, I'll double it. You'll meet her executive assistant, and she will be discussing with you other matters including your contract. For now, what I need you to do is to stay with my daughter. Stay with her all the time, that's your primary job. Stay with her and keep her safe 24/7."

"And then you're hired," her daughter finished, grinning wildly at her newly-hired bodyguard who deliberately ignored her. Lauren stood up from her seat and marched towards the former creepy stranger and dragged her away with her. "You can leave for work now, dad. I can manage to brief my bodyguard."

Speechless, Mike simply sat right there and watched his daughter walked out of the door with Camila Cabregui.

Camila struggled to maintain a straight face with the annoyance growing inside her as she followed the hopping green eyed girl down the hallway. She mentally recalled how she ended up with this too cheerful of a person again and again. Worse, she had to remind herself to play bodyguard to save her own life as long as she's locked up in the territory of a dangerous enemy.

"Camila, Camila, Camila." Lauren mockingly repeated the name, throwing quick glances at the brunette. "Who'd have thought that after you drove off this morning you'd still end up to me anyway?"

"I feel the sudden need to remind you that you can't kill her, Mila."

Camila sighed and resorted to ignore her.

"Really?" Lauren stopped to look at her and put her hands on her hips. "You're still giving me that silent treatment?"

The brunette simply flashed her best unresponsive expression.

"Do I need to remind you that I'm your boss now?" the young heiress posted a threatening look on her face.

"She saved your life, I might add."

Camila scoffed. Quite frankly, she didn't care if she got to be fired. She didn't need this job. She just needed to assure that she could leave the manor alive. And there's nothing this green eyed girl could do to change that perspective.

"Now this is my room." She finally stopped at a black door with flowers and butterflies everywhere on it. Camila noticed an electronic keypad on the wall next to it. "First thing you need to know is that all important rooms here have automated locks. You need a password to get in. My dad installed this security system right after he got back."