The Tutor

Donna

"You need a tutor Miss Leipiz."

Those were the first words which made a huge change in my life. And I never saw that one coming. Who knew ?

"Come..again ?" I stuttered out.

Sure, I failed all of my classes but I never needed a tutor. Ever. I didnt think I needed one.

"You heard me, Donna. It's time to get serious ...."

With that, she started on how I day dream in class and about my bulling habit and all the things that are wrong from her perspective which have been done during class hours. It was long list.

But like I really cared. She is doing what everyone else have been doing. Trying to see the good  in me.

And that was absolutely absurd.

Donna Leipiz is a girl who people just hate. Mostly the girls.

I never really looked into the matter. As long as I stay clear from them, we are all good. Usually people stay clear from me like I have a disease or something. Honestly, it did hurt me but I never showed it.

And here, Mrs. Marshall wanted me to have a tutor, did threw me off guard. But who would want to teach me ?

I was so engrossed in my thoughts when Mrs. Marshall cleared her throat,"Donna, do you hear me ?"

Of course I heard her. She had been bickering for the last hour.

"Clearly."

"Really ?" She blinked, not believing it one bit.

"Yes." I said, looking straight into her eyes.

"Well then ....That's good. We'll start right from today. You'll meet him in the library at the end of the day."

Clearly she was happy to pass this off without any arguments. For some reason I was too. But what caught me was that my tutor would be a 'him'.

Interesting.

So I inquired, "I'm sorry. Him ?"

"Yes. Him. Chase Marshall, my son has volunteered to tutor you Tatiana."

Chase Marshall...That's her son?

Wow I never knew.

Not that I have seen him around. But I sure did hear about him. And all good things.

Maybe he might be nice. What was I thinking? Nobody is nice in this school. Trust me on that one. But what bothered me was since when did our principal have a son ? I thought she was unmarried.

"I'm very much married Donna! "

Oops. I snickered. I didn't mean to say that out loud. As I got up and turned towards the door she said," Don't screw this up Donna."

For some reason, I listened to her actually.

Maybe it's time for a change.

Now to find this library.