g l o s s a r y

Well, I have tried my best to get most of the words here but if there are any doubts, please feel free to comment or message me. I'll respond as soon as possible.

---

LOVE QUOTE

❞Love has no language to describe how pure it is.

-Anonymous

---

Pantry Cart / PC services- It is a coach in a train that acts as a kitchen in the train and provides food or snacks for passengers.

Nagpur, Kamptee, Mumbai, and Tirora- The cities of Maharashtra, India.

New Delhi- The capital city of India.

All India Institute Of Medical Sciences/ AIIMS- A prestigious institute for medical as well as various biological studies in India.

Delhi University/ D.U- The most popular university in Delhi.

Salwar suit, Patiala pajamas, and Dupatta- This is a type of ethnic wear for girls in India. (see the picture attached below)

 (see the picture attached below)

Poori- An Indian cuisine.

UPSC- Union Public Service Commission is India's central agency authorized to conduct many government-related examinations.

Samosa- An Indian snack (one of my favorites :P Image is attached below!)

Eno- Antacid powder.

Nukkad centers- Stalls at the corner of streets which have all kinds of yummy snacks to provide to you. You would see them around many places in India.

Rail Neer- Packed water bottles for sale by Indian Railways.

Viru Sahastrabuddhe- A character from the movie '3 Idiots'. Commonly known as 'Virus'.

National Institute of Technology/ NIT- A group of institutions providing engineering as well as PhD programs to students. They are considered to be the best after the Indian Institute of Technology.

Kerala- An Indian coastal state.

I.P.S.- The Indian Police Service or IPS is one of the three of the All-India Services of the Government of India.

Vishwamitra- is one of the most venerated rishis or sages of ancient times in India.

Menaka- A water-nymph (Apsara) from heaven or Devlok.

Mahatma Gandhi Marg- The main road that connects AIIMS and D.U. (According to Google Maps!)

Arihant's Books- A publishing company that provides various books for competitive examination.

Astra- Divine weapons.

Saree- An ethnic Indian attire for females.

Rana and Bashkor Banerjee- Characters from the movie 'Piku'.

Irrfan Khan- An Indian actor. Well, if you have seen Jurassic World movie, the Indian there is him.

Bollywood- Just like Hollywood, we have Bollywood here in India. It deals with Hindi Cinemas.

Ajni Railway Colony- A place near Nagpur.

Angrezon ke Zamane ke Ghar- The translation would be the British sense of architecture.

Mehendi- A kind of natural dye.

108 Emergency- Emergency services in India.

Dharoga- Slang used for a police inspector.

Bhabhi- Elder sister-in-law (Elder Brother's wife)

Devar- Younger brother-in-law and Devrani is his wife.

Bhaiyya- Brother.

Byomkesh Bakshi- The main protagonist of a famous detective series in India.

Chhattisgarh Express- is a well-known old Indian train that connects two main cities Bilaspur and Amritsar.

Pallu- The starting portion of the saree. (Well, I was doubting it was the last or first portion, but my amba said it's first. So, no messing with my mother!)

Kalash- A small bronze (or any metal) pot that is considered sacred.

That's it for now!