❞How'd he confront her now...?

A/N: Please vote, comment, and share this story :)

Video Attached: Unplugged version of 'Ek Din Teri Raahon Mein' by Javed Ali. It is a kind of proposal that goes deeper than mundane infatuations.

*****

10. How'd he confront her now...?

  °°°

Krishna parked his giant vehicle in the parking lot and eyed the rate card for parking, which read fifty rupees for a four-wheeler. He reached for the small cabinet attached in front of the passenger seat and grabbed a hundred rupee note from there, lying just below the insurance papers of the jeep, and passed it to Xavier, saying to pay it to the valet and keep the change. Unlocking the safety system, he motioned for others to move out but didn't move from his place.

He could feel her gaze on him, silently inquiring about him. But he kept quiet, he didn't want to scare her by expressing the words from his heart. He heard her anklets silencing as they moved far from him and he sighed.

After everyone had left, his right hand reached for his breast pocket and his fingers caught the crisp paper which he had always kept with him, always near to his heart. His eyes twinkled when he saw the cash in front of him. It was a ten rupee note, thick like starched cotton fabric, and folded safely.

My love's first gift to me.

The smile that had been plastered for the last one and half hours, during their journey to Municipal Corporation, grew into a wide grin and he shook his head.

Adjusting the rearview mirror- which he'd deliberately manipulated to look at her, sitting in the backseat like the stubborn lady she was- he placed the money back in his breast pocket, near to his heart, again. Love stayed near to him, always.

Someone lightly banged on the door on his side and he turned his head but there was no one in his visibility range, no one's reflection peeping across the glass. He again heard the light banging but the person in inquisition was still invisible. He slowly opened the door, his stance was ready to attack whoever his enemy was as he'd already made, if not thousands then at least hundreds of criminals his foe.

"Paba!", a small boy squealed as he opened the door. The cuteness in his face scrunched in disappointment after scanning the jeep, and Krishna at once relaxed. The kid squinted his small almond-brown eyes and extended his petite arms forward, reminding Krishna that he was just a kid and he should have been sitting in someone's lap.

Heartily laughing, "My little boy!", he took that cute toddler in his arms and adjusted him over his hip as he got out of his vehicle. The security system of the jeep beeped twice, assuring him that his precious possession was now safe.

"So here comes our Chauffeur-wala Dharoga.", a feminine voice sang behind him and he groaned.

"As soon as you landed in Nagpur, you decided to kill me with your mockery?", he continued, "And come on, you know why I was acting chauffeur.", he said while taking out the chocolate bar he'd brought.

Turning to look at the woman behind him- who teased him like anything- he dangled the chocolate in front of the kid, "Here's the yummy chocolate. Does my Ansh want it, huh?" he said in a sing-song voice and raised his eyebrow to the woman, to which she rolled her eyes.

"It's called teasing, my lovely Krishna.", she paused for a second before snatching the chocolate from his hands, "Enough of pampering! You will spoil my son."