❞How was he going to accomplish his mission now...?

A/N: Keep voting to motivate your humble writer ;)

Video Attached: Title Track of 'Mera Pehla Pehla Pyar'. When I was writing this chapter, this song kept playing again and again and again in my mind. So, here is the song of the chapter.

*****

12. How was he going to accomplish his mission now...?

°°° 

"Xavier...", Krishna absentmindedly called his brand-new brother-in-law as his eyes scanned the room.

Once all the formalities had been completed, Xavier's father had invited them to his grandfather's house. The old man had been partially paralyzed and bedridden causing him to miss every ceremony.

Krishna had observed that Xavier was a pet of his grandfather, the old man kept kissing his grandson like he was a baby. It was shocking to see such adoration, considering Xavier never even directly looked at his father- forget about being affectionate.

His eyes roamed, searching for a single lady who was missing after the ring ceremony. He had noticed something wasn't right with her. He had seen how she had avoided him like a plague after their brief encounter in the morning.

And his gut kept pressing that something was off.

He had told her he wanted to talk to her; it was important for him to let it out to her. But he had ignored her that whole day because of the lack of opportunity. Heck, he was the bride's elder brother, he had some responsibilities, and she should have understood that.

Now, her absence was eating him alive. He felt like a fool to leave that matter, as wherever his vision moved, her absence struck his heart.

Maybe you are a fool to let her slip from your hands?

Xavier turned his head to respond to the call and stumbled back envisioning Krishna. He still felt uncomfortable around his younger brother-in-law. Physically, he was equally built like him, yet he was intimidated. It wasn't just Krishna's job that made him stammer like a buffoon but his powerful aura that dominated everything. Krishna looked and acted like a beast.

"Hmm... Yes, Kri- I mean Bhaiyya." he stuttered like a kid again.

Krishna noticed his palpable nervousness and sighed. He could see how, every fucking time, the lad got blank- or moreover pale- whenever he tried to talk to him. He didn't comprehend why Xavier behaved like a ghost-seen-man in front of him. The last time he had checked himself in a mirror, he looked handsome.

Well, if to pick an exact word from a lady's dictionary, then you look damn hot!

He's a guy.

Yeah, but I don't look like a ghost. Wait, were his eyes defective? Oh God! My sister married a blind man?

He wondered as he eyed the specimen present in front of me. He did a clean sweep of his face with his big palm, "Do I look like a ghost?", he questioned to which Xavier shook his head negatively.

Okay, he's not blind.

Placing his left hand on Xavier's shoulder, "If not, then why are you so scared?", he questioned.

He watched as that man opened his mouth but immediately closed it as if scared by his reply.

Krishna shook his head, "Look, I will not shoot you or something, okay. You are not a criminal, and even if you are, a gun is not the first thing I touch.", he added, "Also, I try my best to be sociable, so let us be buddies. You see, now we both have to tolerate each other's presence... Frequently than ever.", he raised his left brow to which Xavier offered him a hesitant smile.