Part 22

Derek's POV

"Derek, we can't just kidnap him." Scott sighs, running a hand through his thick black hair.

"It's not kidnapping, Scott." I retort, rolling my eyes. Scott scoffs, stifling a laugh.

"What's so funny?" I snap.

"Nothing. But it is kidnapping. We are not stealing Stiles, Derek." He states firmly.

"You think of something better, then!" I half yell, before rubbing my forehead with my hand in frustration.

We sit in silence for a moment, thinking.

"What if..." Scott begins, looking up slightly.

"What? Say it." I say, leaning forwards.

"What if one of just checks in..." He breathes, his eyebrows furrowed.

I sit back again and sigh in disappointment. "That'd never work, dumbass. We can't just sign in to a freaking mental home!" I groan.

"Well we can't kidnap mental patients either!" Scott replies.

"It's not kidnapping!"

***

Stiles POV

"Mr Stilinski, you gotta eat." The nurse orders. I ignore her, until she starts shaking my shoulder. "Mr Stilinski." She repeats, louder and firmer. I glance up at her.

"I'm not hungry." I murmer, then look back to my thighs.

"Look, you're severely underweight. You might think you're 'fine', but I am a doctor, and you are not fine, okay? So eat, otherwise there will be consequences." She says, shoving the tray of food closer to me. I look up at her, my eyes telling her it's not gonna happen.

"Fine. Believe me, when we're done here, you'll wish you'd have eaten." She says threateningly, her eyes wide, narrowed at me.

She was right. I was force fed. As in restrained and force fed. With a tube. I lie on my bed, my arms propped behind my head, trying to sleep. It's been nearly a week. I wonder if my dad's even noticed my absence?

Suddenly the large, metal door clicks open and a nurse is revealed, resting against the door frame. I raise an eyebrow, urging her to speak.

"Oliver is being moved to the north wing after his incident earlier on today." The nurse says, her lips in a red pout. Oliver attacked someone this morning.

I simply nod.

"A new room mate will be appointed to this room with you later. Right now he's being assessed." The nurse says, before just walking out and locking the door behind her.

I sigh and shut my eyes. I hate this place. But I hate not being in this place as well. There's nowhere for me.

I think of Minnie. I think about her lots, especially since I've been in here. There's alot of time to think. I wonder what she'd think of all this. Mom's death, Dad's abuse and alcoholism. Me...

"Stiles, what did you ask for for Christmas?" Asks Minnie, wrapping her head scarf around her bald head. I take her small bony hand in my massive one, and stroke her palm with my fingers.

"Nothing, Min." Is all I whisper. "You?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at her. She giggles slightly.

"Don't laugh." Is all she warns me, before she stops chuckling, looking at me with her large brown eyes.