Chapter 2

A/n: I definitely didn't expect the response I got when I updated the last chapter of Changes and started Growth. So many of you loved the way I ended Changes which I was nervous about.. so thank you all!

I would like you all- if you haven't already- to check out my other stories (if you want). I am proud of my other stories too even though this one gets the most praise. :)

Enjoy!

That night I ended up in Aiden's bunk- yes he had his own- trying to get him to fall asleep. He looked precious in his dinosaur pajamas and stuffed penguin tight in his arms. I had watched him brush his teeth, given him a very interesting shower since there was no bath, and helped him into his pull up.

"Can you go to sleep for mummy?" I asked as I tucked him in.

"I want daddy to sing." Aiden's big eyes blinked tiredly as he spoke, signaling that he was already falling asleep. Zayn sang to Aiden every single night, and I wasn't usually there since Zayn was always the one to tuck him in.

"What do you say?" I asked expectantly.

"Please."

Satisfied, I turned my head toward the bunk I shared with Zayn and called for him. "Zayn, Aiden wants you to sing to him."

"Please." Aiden added for me with an adorable expression on his face.

Zayn peeled the curtain back to reveal a bare torso, tattoos sprinkled everywhere. My favorite would always be our matching tattoos on the inside of our pinkies. He hopped off the bed and trudged tiredly across the bus to Aiden's bunk. A smile appeared on Zayn's face when he saw him.

"Hey." He murmured to me and brought his lips to my cheek.

"Hey." I breathed back. Ever since I overheard him talking to Aiden about us getting married soon, I hadn't been able to look at him the same. All I wanted to do was ask questions, but I held my tongue. Being together for four years, already having a son, a dog, and living in our own house, I had longed to get married.

Zayn's eyebrows furrowed for a bit as he tilted his head. "You alright? You seem to be out of breath."

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"Daddy..." Aiden whined.

"No whining." Zayn laughed as he reached down and tickled Aiden. He had the best way of nicely telling Aiden not to do things which I absolutely loved.

"Please sing daddy."

"Okay little man, what song?" Zayn agreed.

"The one about mummy." He smiled and made himself comfortable, closing his eyes. I looked at Zayn and raised my eyebrows. Taking my hand in his, Zayn leaned in and pressed another kiss to my cheek, not saying a word.

"Okay, I'll let you do your thing." I said while getting up. "Goodnight baby." I brushed the hairs out of Aiden's face and kissed his smooth forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too mummy." Aiden whispered. Before walking away, I smiled at my boyfriend knowing I would see him in a minute. I walked around the bus to see everyone in their own little world. Liam and Danielle were cuddling on the couch, whispering things to each other. Louis was on one of the top bunks, skyping Eleanor on his laptop. Harry and Niall seemed to be having a somewhat serious conversation.

Not wanting to interrupt anyone, I made my way to the kitchen area to grab a snack. Since I still lacked cooking skills, I opted for one of the many jars of Nutella and got a spoon out. I hummed one of the lovely songs One Direction had released recently before being startled by a pair of arms wrapping around me from behind. I let out a shriek and ended up throwing my jar of Nutella in the air.