Chapter Fifty-Nine

Start from the beginning

I focus back in on the screen where I can see a little white shape.

Peeta leans over and pecks my lips, "It's beautiful." He smiles widely and looks at the screen a little longer.

So do I.

I agree with Willow, it really doesn't look that much like a baby yet, but it'll definitely get there soon. And if you look at it a certain way it's a whole new picture.

But then again, Peeta and I never saw Willow until I was almost four months pregnant, when she definitely looked like a baby, so we weren't really expecting that either.

"Yes, it is. You use to be that little too." She tells Willow.

Willow gives her a look, "Really?"

"Yep and so did your Mom and Dad."

"Woah." Willow says looking at us.

I smile at her and she looks back at Doctor Coles, "When will it get bigger?"

"I bet you next time we look at your Mommy's belly it'll be bigger and so will the baby." She tells her.

"My Momma is gonna get fat?" Willow laughs.

"Yep. I'm gonna get fat. I'm gonna look like Santa Claus with a big belly." I tell Willow and she giggles.

Peeta hasn't taken his eyes off the ultrasound screen.

I look at Willow, "Are you glad that you got to see the baby even though you can't see much?" I ask her.

"Oh yeah, Mommy. I am really happy." Willow says nodding her head happily.

"Good. I bet you next time you'll be more excited." I say truthfully.

Willow nods, "I'm already esited though, Momma."

I smile at her and she returns it.

"Daddy, do you like the baby?" Willow asks him and climbs into his lap.

Peeta's eyes finally come off the screen and he looks down at her, tears in his eyes.

"I love the baby." He says softly and she hugs him, kissing his cheek.

"Me too." She whispers in his ear, even though we all can hear her.

My heart feels so whole and happy.

Doctor Coles smiles, "Well, here are some prints of the baby and I think we are done for today." She says.

"Tell the baby bye, Willow." Dr. Coles says.

Willow looks over, "Bye, bye, little baby." She says softly and waves at the screen as Doctor Coles flips it off and the picture disappears.

I sigh and Peeta turns and smiles sadly at me. Dr. Coles hands him some paper towels and he gently wipes the gel off my belly and pulls down my shirt, pecking my lips.

Dr. Coles hands Willow an envelope of pictures and we go make an appointment for 4 weeks from now.

I'm about 4 weeks right now, exactly a month so I won't be back until I'm 8 weeks along.

Which means now I'm in the end of my first month.

This last week has been kind of rough for me.

Well, considering that I've been perfectly fine for the most part until the last few weeks. I've been kind of nauseated but nothing too bad yet.

It's hitting me quicker than it did with Willow.

"Mommy, I am sorry I didn't act like I liked the baby but I didn't think that it would look like that." Willow tells me frowning once we get into the car.