Colour

Seeing life in black and white is an inconvenient bother. Especially for someone like Rei, who was infatuated with all things beautiful.

He couldn't see the rich green colour of the Spring grass, the deep blue sea, the colour of the entrancing sky. All for an unfortunate fate decided at his birth.

But then, one day. He saw a splash of colours. Those colours were Hazuki Nagisa.

"Ryugazaki Rei?" the teacher announced with a smile. "There is someone I would like you to meet. He is a recent pupil added to the school, so please be kind."

Rei nodded, following after her into the musty hallway that lead to the main office. He stood alone for a minute, confused as to why he was the sole person in the whole corridor before he heard a voice come from behind him.

"Hello! You must be Rei-chan, right? I really hope you don't mind me calling you that! I'm Nagisa!" a surprisingly chirpy voice not fitting to be in a gloomy school at seven thirty in the morning said.

Startled, Rei spun around not knowing what he would see would be the most beautiful sight he would ever behold.

There, was an array of pastel colours, contrasting against the black and white and shades of grey in Rei's life perfectly. Luscious pink for Nagisa's eyes, a light golden colour for his hair, green for his varsity jacket. All unknown colours to the blue headed boy. The first colours Rei had ever seen.

He couldn't bring himself to say anything, tears threatening to escape his widened eyes. "N-Nagisa-kun, w-what colour are your eyes?"

Nagisa seemed a bit surprised at the unexpected question, but nevertheless kept his infamous, friendly smile. "Uhm, pink, why?"

Rei smiled. And it was a different smile from the one he wore every day. It was one where it looked like he just made the most fabulous discovery on Earth.

"Pink is my favourite colour."

~~~

A/N:

It's very late, I'm very tired and the only excuse I have for this is I was drowning in feels after looking at two hours of USUK fan art and I had this "brilliant" idea for a "fantastic" fanfic. Maybe I'll unpublish when I'm in the
right state of mind? XD

Thanks for reading, and thank you for all the votes, reads and lovely comments I've been getting lately!