Insomniac

Nagisa shot up in his bed with tears running down his face as the thunder clapped once more, harder than ever before. He quickly looked over the dark floor seeing no sign of his best friend Rei anywhere, setting him off in a panic attack.

Nagisa feared his nightmare he just had about losing Rei in a forest one stormy night had come true, making him sob as he tried to muffle his cries with the penguin stuffed toy the blue haired boy gave him. He let out a scream as the thunder made an enormous clashing sound, the lighting illuminating the room for a split second reminding Nagisa of a horror movie.

"Rei..." he whimpered, trembling as he pushed himself against the corner of the room.

The lights suddenly turned on, revealing a very worried looking Rei dashing over to him. "Nagisa? What happened? Are you alright? Why are you crying?"

His glassy pink eyes widened as he looked at Rei in relief. "You're alive..." he gasped, throwing himself in his arms.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" Rei chuckled and held Nagisa in a warm embrace. Thunder sounded through the room again, making the blonde jump in fright causing him to almost knock his head on Rei's.

Rei looked around desperately for anything that would comfort and quieten down his crush's sobs but to no avail. It was obvious he was deathly afraid of thunderstorms.

"R-Rei-chan..." Nagisa gulped, balling the other boy's shirt into his fists. "I haven't told you this yet, but-" he hiccuped before shakily continuing. "I'm critically diagnosed with primary Insomnia."

"I-Insomnia?" Rei gulped, gripping the penguin boy. "Is that why you had trouble falling asleep?"

Nagisa nodded against his chest. "And I usually have nightmares. And they're almost all about you dying."

"Is that why you said I was alive? And why you were yelling my name in your sleep?"

"Where were you?" Nagisa choked, more tears falling down his face as Rei cupped his chin and turned his head upwards. They're eyes locked causing the thunder and lighting and the horror of the nightmares to disappear from Nagisa's mind.

"I'm sorry, Nagisa-kun. I was just in the bathroom. Please stop crying." he brought his lips closer to the golden haired boy. "I promise I will never leave you again."

Their lips locked, immediately melting into the kiss and holding each other tighter.

When they broke apart, Nagisa quickly scurried back against the wall with wide eyes. "R-Rei-cha-"

"Stop." Rei said painfully, staring at the ground in dismay. "I already know I've been rejected. I just don't want you to cry."

New thoughts registered Nagisa's mind. Rei liked him? Rei feels rejected? Rei actually kissed him willingly?

Before either of them could walk away, Nagisa leaned in for a more passionate, accepting kiss which shocked both Rei and himself.

These newfound feelings felt good to Nagisa. He felt more calm and happy now than he's ever been before even if he was caught in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm.

"You promise you'd never leave." he murmured against Rei's lips when they broke apart.

They both fell back onto the bed gently, staring into each other's eyes.

"And I never will."

***

So cute

Please go read my other book which is a Near fanfic ^.^

Thanks for reading!