Chapter 8

Nia's Pov

Knowing that Don was here in New Orleans was pretty unsettling, but something deep inside of me knew we had to sit down and walk about everything that has happened.

Things between me and my mother are no better now than they were earlier. I honestly don't know if I can forgive her and my father for keeping such a secret, but right now I need to get ready to meet with my demon of an ex.

I decided to chose the place where we met and I choose the place my grandmother took me as a child Annie Ruths Kitchen. Its a laid back soul food place and somewhere that Don couldn't get the wrong to impression about our relationship.

Tonight I wearing some leggings and denim shirt, nothing to fancy. According to Grammy Lo tomorrow where going to learn more about mysterious family gift, something I'm looking forward to actually...

*Phone Rings*

Nia- Hello Nia Andrews

??- So formal for what reason.

N- Ryan such a welcomed distraction, how is Malven.

Ryan - Well its going great, I met my mother. My other mom, Lauren, and Janae popped up and I found out we have a younger sister.

Nia- Your joking right

Ry- No I wish so what about you.

N- I'm going to have dinner with Don.

Ry- Nia are you having second thoughts about our arrangement.

N- No Ryan I'm not, I just need to officially end this chapter in my life. Has the adoption agency search been?

Ry- Its going well, but I have to go were meeting my sister in a few.

N- Bye Ryan

R- Bye Big Booty Nia, don't let Don touch my ass.

N- Goodbye asshole

Ry- Bye

*End of Convo*

I swear Ryan is an annoying bastard sometimes. Now I need to meet the biggest ass of my life.
____________________________________________________________________

Walking into Annie Ruths Kitchen, I realized the change instantly. It was more hip, but still had that down home feeling attached to it. I sat down on the outside porch patiently waiting for one of the biggest mistakes of my life and as on cue he walked in. Seeing him dressed in a black half leather shirt and hat with gold chains, made me compare him instantly to Ryan. He was more focused on the flashy things about life were Ryan was more focused on the simple things and he had more money. Don was more concerned with being famous and known, were Ryan was more focused on continuing to build his already huge Empire.