Target 1: Target your origins.

In a crowded stadium there's a great finale of an important tournament in New Life Online. The battle between Scythus (aka the infamous murderer) and the strongest player in all New Life Online, Aurora. It is a fierce battle, everyone is shouting and cheering, unless a tall, black eyed and pale boy.
This boy uses a light armor, throwing knifes, a white and large one hand sword and a hood.
He admires Scythus because he fights for his friends with all he has.
But then a bad thing happens. Scythus uses the last transformation of his monster soul.

The monster soul basically is the soul of a monster concentrated in a stone that if someone uses it by putting some mana in it and absorbing the mana again, gains the powers of the monster. The bad thing of it is that you must share your body with the monster and that the transformation has diferent phases. In the last the monster can take over your body if you aren't ready. There isn't a lot of information about last transformation still, no one has investigated it yet, or that the information hasn't been shared yet.

Well, in this case, the worst has happened. Shade, the monster soul of scythus, has taken the body of scythus, and it isn't planning anything nice. It seems that it wants to wipe out all New Life Online with a great spell, or at least the city in which the stadium is.
-Beat: "I should attack Scythus, or I should call it Shade? Well, I should try to hit him in the head with a throwing knife before he does that spell, gotta a bad feeling about it."

When Beat tried to aim Shade, Aurora put in the way and stopped Shade using all her mana and protecting all the city using her monster soul, Chrono Fairy, in its second form. She could rewind the time for a few moments and saved the city, but Shade escaped.
Then the guild master of Order of Light declared Scythus an exiled man, because he lost control of his monster soul.
-Beat: "Just because he lost control? He entered in unknown territory and gave us some info about last transformation. It's an useless thing and a suicide. But exiling him only for that? Something smells fishy, and it isn't me. Han should know something of this."

Han, aka the Mad Hatter, an info broker that has his own gang, The Bloody Tea Party. This gang specializes in info trading and hired assasins, they take any job and from any guild, and from anyone that has a good reason and money. They know of most fishy things, so if Order of Light has fishy things, Han should know of it, and more if its from the "best" guild.
Usually Han keeps his mouth shut about the contracts, but he owes some favours to Beat. The reason is quite easy, Beat does jobs for Han when he asks him. They always meet in the Crooked Dragon Inn. It is in Order of Light city, where it is the stadium in which the tournament was held, but it was in the other side of the city.

Beat went to the Crooked Dragon Inn, it is a little inn with 2 tables and 2 seats each table and it isn't very well known. Few people comes to it but the owners serve good food and good ale.
Beat went to a table with a paper on it that had a hat drawn and asked for a tea cup. After 5 minutes, Han appeared with two tea cups and some sweets
Han is a small boy, pale skin, and had a suit as armor and a hat as a helm, he uses a cane with a sword inside it and also uses a magic powered gun. He isn't a good fighter.
-Han: A good time to come finding me, Beat.(drinks a little of tea)
-Beat: Well, gotta ask you about a guild. Can you help me?(drinks a little of tea)
-Han: You know that I can't talk about costumers.(eats a sweet)
-Beat: This time, only this time. You did anything for Order of Light?
-Han: I warn you, you're getting in a garden full of spines.(drinks more tea)
-Beat: What type of garden with spines?(drinks tea)
-Han: A bad one. The most important ones are clean, unless that we protect the guild master. I talked to him a little, maybe they send us against a guy called Scythus, but something bothers me. Why him now of all times? We can't spare fighters.(eats more sweets)
-Beat: The same guy that has trepassed the limit of transformation.
-Han: (surprised) He did the last transformation?
-Beat: Yes. And got exiled because he lost control of his monster.(drinks all the tea remaining)
-Han: So it can happen... Interesting. Well, then I'll check all about Order of Light. There isn't any clean guild. You'll know of any guild member that has asked us any job, accepted or not. But I want you to do a job.
-Beat: What type of job?
-Han: The assasination of a thief.(drinks more tea)
-Beat: Any details?
-Han: Is the infamous two-teeth.
-Beat: Many people has suffered a lot thanks to him. But I want to know about the reason for killing him now.
-Han: Come tomorrow at this hour, you'll hear all details from the one who asked us.(drinks the remaining tea)
-Beat: Okay.
Then Han leaves and Beat pays the bill and leaves too.

What reasons are behind the hunting of Scythus? What reasons are behind asking an assasination of the second best player? Why now someone asks for killing two teeth?
We'll see!
Hoping that you liked! Vote and comment! I'll do two stories at same time. Dreamland and NLO:Blood Fang. I hope that I can do 1 chapter of each every week at least.