Chapter 10: Back Home

Disclaimer: I don't own anything!! (Except Catherine and Katie)

Resident Evil 4: Angel With Guns

Chapter 10: Back Home

I swept my rifle around the room making sure there weren't any Ganado's. I knew there weren't but it didn't hurt to make sure.

Katie stayed close behind me gripping her shot gun close to her. Leon walked in and checked his ammo. "I'm almost out..."

I grabbed the box of hand gun ammo and tossed it to him. He nodded his thanks and loaded up his gun.

"Where are we..?" Katie asked glancing up stairs.

"Which look at this!" Ashley called obviously getting all our attention. She was looking at the Platinum Sword hanging on the wall.

"Pretty" Katie commented.

"Glad you think so." I said walking over to it. "Cause your gonna carry it."

She stares at me. "I'm gonna what?"

Leon came over. "What do we need a sword for? It wouldn't make a good weapon it's to heavy."

"It's not a weapon." I placed my rifle on the table next to us and grabbed the sword, it easily came out of the wall with a small click.

Leon looked surprised. "How did you do know it could come out?"

I smiled and handed it to Katie. She gave me her shot gun in return. "Oh shit it's heavy!!"

I chuckled and gripped the shot gun. Now THIS was a weapon! I love the rifle, but the shot gun was more my style.

"Catherine..." Leon said drawing my eyes to look at him. He had a very serious expression.

"Relax bro." I said. My smile faltered slightly when I noticed he didn't seem to happy or amused. I shrunk in on myself slightly. "Did I do something wrong..?"

"How did you know the sword would come out if the wall" he nods to it.

"It just looked like it." I said quickly tension very thick in the air between us.

I could sense the suspicion coming from him, it's actually been there for a while now. Don't know when it got there but it IS there. I have a feeling something is going to bite me in the butt...

Leon luckily didn't ask anything else because Ashley interrupted.

"Guys we need to keep going..." She looked nervous, like she was scared of getting shot if she spoke up. I looked at her and she backed up...that confused me. I wasn't going to hurt her. Katie came over, the sword now next to my rifle on the table.

"Catherine, put the gun down..." She placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her confused and looked at the shot gun in my hand.... Which was loaded and pointing strait at Leon's chest. My eyes went wide.

"When did I...?" At some point I must have unconsciously pumped the gun and aimed...my finger was even on the trigger. Leon looked as surprised as me, looking at him I see he had one hand on his knife.

Ashley hesitantly spoke up. "You two looked like you wanted to maul each other."

Talk about mind blown... Why the hell would I want to shoot Leon?! I'm not that violent just to randomly pump the gun and shoot him square in the chest. He probably would have either died or ignored the wound and stabbed me in the face...and then die?

I pointed the gun to the floor and shook my head. "This place is screwing with my head... I think I want to go home..."

That was the first time I actually said or thought that. Going home... Did anyone know I was here? Mom, her boyfriend? I don't know... I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder. Looking over I see its Katie, naturally she'd Be the one to comfort me. She's the only one that can relate to my situation. I couldn't help but wonder if she felt the same way I did. This was all really cool at first... But now, where the plot begins to thicken and people may start to die, I begin to regret coming here in the first place.