Preview Chapter

Welp I think everyone deserves the preview chapter I promised if the last authors note got enough votes. I have a few of the chapters written out for this re-do story but I decided to show off prologue. Sense over all the chapters this particular part got the most re done. Actually I'm pretty sure the old version didn't even have a prologue. This chapter is different mainly because with what I have planned this particular chapter is from the point of view of the main character for the second book.

That's right kittens, there will be a second book. In fact I plan 3 in total. But let's see if we can get passed the first one! Please enjoy this preview, and do tell me if you enjoy it. I always love your guys feedback!

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Erik was pulling drawers open in a frenzy, the red haired man desprate to find the file before the psycologist came back to find him tresspassing. He moved quickly to and from filing cabinates in the semi-messy office  cursing under his breath- he was so desprate. He had to find the file, it was his only lead to find Brittney.

His movements slowed slightly as he couldn't help but think of what happened only days before. Just a regular day with the love of his life and it all went wrong so quickly. He was ready to give up when his collage psycology course had talked about mental break downs, presenting real newspaper clippings on a few incidents of the topic.

"Kit Konstantine..." He muttered as he finally found the file. He opened it up and a disk fell out, as he reached for it the door nob suddenly clicked. He snatched the CD and shoved it in his bag, dropping the file he kicked it under the desk and he put on the most innocent face he could as he turned to the door.

"Mister Strider..." The head therapist, doctor Thomas Williams, eyed the student up slowly. "What are you doing in my office...?"

"I was... The nurse uh... You..." His stammering only got worse as he tried to come up with a reasonable excuse for breaking and entering.

"Use your words Mr. Strider." Dr. Williams said crossing his arms, a disapproving expression settling into his young face.

"I- I was look- looking for you!" Erik said suddenly and pointed at the older man, who blinked at him a little surprised by the sudden outburst.

"Looking for me?"

"Yes! The nurse told me this was your office!" He suddenly rummaged through his bag and pulled out a newspaper. "About this!"

The therapist took the old paper from Erik and florished a little before reading it over. "Aahh... The Konstantine incident. This was nearly seven years ago what could you want to know about this?"

Dr.Williams moved around Erik and sat at his desk, placing the old news paper on the papers scattered along the mahogany surface. The old papers yellowed and stained. "How did you even get ahold of this paper?"

Erik sat down in the leather seat infront of the desk. He started to fidget nervously with his bag, expecting the doctor to suddenly point at him accusingly and call him a thief. "My- my psycology teacher did a lecture on schizophrenic delusions... This particular person came up in one of the examples..."

Dr. Williams fingers drummed against the desk in thought as he watched Erik. "Which teacher do you have for your lecture?"

"Professor Landegre."

"Aha, I'm not surprised." He laughed to himself and picked up the paper once again. "That woman can be very intense with what she teaches."

Erik leaned in closer. "What exactly was the Konstantine incident?"

The doctor could see the young students nervouses and chuckled to lighten the mood. "If you dont mind me asking, why do you want to know?"

"F- for my final exam..." Erik leaned back in his seat slowly, hoping the doctor would believe him. "My paper would look very impressive with such research and source material like this... I was also hoping for an interview with the person in question..?"