Chapter 30

A/N: Ayyyoooo that's Dylan (you don't know who that is yet)

~

I pulled into the parking lot of my school, taking the key out of the ignition. I was using Michael's car right now since he was on the tour and I needed a car so it actually worked out quit well. I sat back in my seat and let out a sigh, I was not mentally prepared for this.

Not that I ever am.

After my visit to the eye doctor, it was concluded that I did need glasses. I had gotten my prescription filled over the weekend and now officially had glasses and was to wear them all of the time.

I looked in my rear view mirror, smoothing out my hair and adjusting my glasses before gathering my book bag and opening the car door. I slung the heavy object over my shoulders and locked the car before shoving the keys in some random pocket of my bag.

I made my way to the school building following the sea of all of the other teenagers getting out of their cars. I passed Colby and his group of friends as they stood leaning against their fancy cars, gossiping about something. I just knew they were going to give me hell today.

"Hey Jasey," Kayla smirked sarcastically. I quickly glanced at them before adverting my gaze else where, leaving their snickers in the back ground.

"Four eyes!" One of the girls called, I'm pretty sure it was Brooke.

I snaked my way through the corridors on my way to science. When I finally arrived to the classroom, I was shocked to see that I wasn't the first one in here today like I usually was.

A dark headed boy with shaggy hair and pale skin sat on the stool next to mine. Mrs. Baker finally noticed my presence and then informed me who the boy was.

"Jasey," she spoke as we both made our way to my lab table, the boy finally looking up at us, "this is Dylan, he's new to the school. Would you be interested in showing him around?"

Of course I couldn't say no because that's just the type of person I am.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled at both of them before sitting on the stool next to him while Mrs. Baker walked back to her desk.

He smiled at me shyly before I decided to speak even though I felt like my heart was in my throat and I don't even understand why.

"What's your schedule?" I asked.

"Hang on," he mumbled, moving his messy hair from his forehead and turning around to reach into his back pack then handed it to me. When he spoke I had noticed that he didn't possess an Australian accent like myself.

I looked at the sheet of paper before me, "oh we have history and lunch together."

"Cool."

Was he American?

"Yeah," there was an awkward silence, "so where are you from?"

"I'm from America."

I fucking knew it!

"Oh wow. That's a long ways away," it was like a 22 hour flight. I can't imagine packing up all of my stuff and moving half way across the world.

"Yeah, the flight over here was crazy long," he chuckled showing off his dimples. I wanted to ask why he moved but I didn't want to be nosy or ask a question to something that might be a sensitive topic.

"What part of America?" I asked instead.

"New York," he simply stated.

"Really? I've always wanted to go there!" I said with a little too much excitement and instantly regretted it on the account of the embarrassment I was feeling right now.