Kidnapped and Found 8 Years Later: Chapter 26

Start from the beginning

It's been eight years today since my daughter went missing. She's going to be turning twenty five in a few months. It's sad that I may miss another birthday of hers.

I'm still working but I chose to get a job closer to home just incase my baby comes back. I still make decent money. I'm actually making more then what I did when I traveled so that's a plus.

I'm so torn up about not spending time with my daughter when I had the chance. I never stopped and took Rachelle's feelings seriously when her father died. They were so close so I know that was hard on her. Rachelle's dad taught her everything she knows because I was always too busy with work.

I believe the saying you don't know what you have until it's gone because I didn't realize how great of a daughter I had until she was gone. I would do anything to bring her back home and show her that I changed and I would do anything for her.

The police are still working very hard to find Rachelle. I was hard on the detectives involved in my daughters case at first but any parent would be. I didn't feel they were doing enough but I now know that their doing everything that they possibly can to bring Rachelle home.

People in the community have been so supportive. Everyone around here is helping out as much as they can. I never knew that so many people who didn't even know my daughter would come together and help like this. It's amazing how many people have been helping out. I'm so grateful for everybody and never again will I judge another person in a bad way.

It's hard for me to get up each morning. It's going to be hard going over to my mother's today. She's going to want to know why I'm sad. I hate that she doesn't remember Rachelle because of her old age. 

I cant even believe my mom has even made it this far. A year before Rachelle went missing, the doctors told us my mother didn't have much longer to live but here she is nine years later still fighting for her life. I know that wherever Rachelle may be, she's still alive because strong woman run through this family.

"Mom? Where are you at?" I panicked hoping nothing bad happened.

"I know where she's at." My mom gave me a serious look.

"Mom, sit down. What are you talking about? You know where who is at?" I asked thinking my mom was loosing her mind.

"Rachelle. I know where she is." My mom kept repeating.

"What? What are you talking about?" I started to worry but I had hope that my mom was remembering something.

"A..A man." She continued.

"A man? Mom, what man? Did somebody take Rachelle from here?" I asked hoping for a lead.

"A man in a red truck. He was outside." Mom continued to spill out.

"Keep going. Tell me everything you remember." I begged.

"He forced her in his truck. A red truck. Tall. Dirty blonde hair. I think blue eyes." My mother started to describe the man.

"Mom, I'm going to write all this down and take it to the cops. If the cops come here do you think your going to be able to tell them what you just told me?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"I..I don't know." She cried.

"Will you just nod your head yes to the questions then?" I asked also starting to cry tears of joy.

"Yes." She agreed.

"Good. Is there anything elese you remember?" I asked in hope.

"No." Mom shook her head.

"Alright well lets get you your medicine and then I'm going to call the detectives over here."

When the detectives got here, mom shook her head to the questions they were asking her. The cops told us that it may not be much to go on but they would go back to the station and check out any suspicious behaviors on any red trucks and report back to us.