Kidnapped and Found 8 Years Later: Chapter 23

It's only been a few days since mine and Joe's fight about me hanging out with other guys. It's been really akward. Joe wont even look at me.

This is not the Joe I know. Usually he doesn't come home on his lunch brakes but since I told him about Jake, Joe's been coming home on lunch to make sure I'm not with any guys.

Who the hell does he think he is? I'll admit I'm a little scared to invite Lindee and Jake over for dinner tomorrow night but I'm still going to do it. This can either turn out really good or extremely bad.

So today I need to go meet up with Lindee and let her know that Jake and her are welcomed for dinner. 

I haven't seen Jake around lately so I'm not even sure if he knows about these dinner plans. I can't imagine him being okay to sitting down for a meal with my boyfriend, but then again Jake's happy where he's at. Jake's about to start a family with Lindee so why would he be jealous anymore about Joe and I's relationship.

As I was walking out the door, Joe came out and ran in front of me.

"Where the hell do you think your going?" Joe asked sounding angry and jealous.

"Relax. I'm going to meet up with Marie." I lied.

"Then call her and let her know your on your way." Joe handed me his phone.

"I already called her." I continued to lie and noticed Joe wasn't buying it.

"I don't believe you but I'm going to trust you on this. I better not find out you been lying to me, Rachelle." Joe looked at me seriously.

"I love you. I promise I wont do anything to hurt you." I looked him in the eyes truthfully.

"You already have hurt me." Joe said with sadness in his voice as he walked back into the house.

I felt terrible about lying to Joe once again. It hurts to see him sad. Maybe this dinner isn't such a good idea but I think that if Joe sees how happy, Jake and Lindee are together he wont be so mad about me and Jake anymore.

This dinner is either going to make or brake our relationship. As much as I love Joe, I can't say I'm one hundred percent happy. It will never be at that point when I still feel theres unfinished business with Jake and I. 

I can't lie to myself. I could try and fight Jake off all I want if he tried with me again, but honestly I don't know how long I could fight him off until I would fall back under his trap. I don't have nothing to worry about anyway. Jake's with Lindee and their happy together. Who am I to stand in their way? I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Whoever I end up with is who I was meant to be with. 

"Hey Rachelle. You look sad. What's wrong?" Lindee asked as I approached her.

"I'm fine. Look Joe didn't know anything about Jake and I and I just told him a few days ago. He doesn't want me hanging out with Jake anymore." I said trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

"Wow. So I guess theres not going to be a dinner then?" Lindee asked sounding dissapointed.

"I still want the two of you to come. I think it may change Joe's mind about him once he sees how happy you and Jake are together." I said with unsureness.

"I don't want to cause you guys any problems. It's probably best if we don't come." Lindee said like she felt bad.

"No, I honestly think it might be good. Have you even talked to Jake about this yet?" I asked.

"I actually wanted to wait for a final answer before telling Jake." Lindee said.

"Do you think he's going to be okay with this?" I asked knowing he probably wouldn't.