Kidnapped and Found 8 Years Later: Chapter 25

So it's been a year since I found out I was pregnant. Most people would be happy about that kind of thing but with the way Joe was acting, I couldn't help but be angry and sad.

About three months into my pregnancy, I had a miscarriage. Although a part of me was sad about the miscarriage, I was mostly happy. Having a kid in this environment would be terrible. Who wants to see their dad putting his hands on his/her mother? 

Joe's been really torn up and taking his anger out on me more then ever. No matter what I say or do I get hit. If I speak and say the wrong thing, he's mad. If I don't speak at all, he's mad. No matter what I do I can't win.

Of course Joe's been trying like crazy to get me pregnant again. Little does he know that when he took me to go grocery shopping with him, I snuck away for a second and grabbed a bunch of morning after pills and stuck them in my purse. Theres no way I'm having his baby.

Of course when I was pregnant, Joe didn't force himself on me as much but I'd rather him force hiself on me everyday trying to make a baby then actually making one and taking the chance of him harming my child.

I just wish I could get out of here already. I've tried a few times, but Joe's not stupid and it's hard to get anything past him ever since that stupid dinner with Jake and Lindee. 

I haven't even seen Jake and Lindee since that night because I've been trapped in this house with Joe. We don't talk to Jenna and Bill anymore because they moved back to their hometown. They couldn't afford to live down here anymore.

I miss having people to talk to and being able to do whatever it is that I wanted to do. I know I should be use to not having anyone to talk to, seeing as how I went through this before. It just feels like I had freedom and my life was starting to fall into place, but then Joe came and took that all away from me.

If it wasn't for me having that stupid dinner when I knew for a fact it would turn out bad, then Joe would of still been a nice person.

I just don't understand what I did to deserve all this. I don't think I've ever done anything bad in my life so why do I have to suffer so much.

My life was good until my dad died. After that my mom didn't care about me. When we moved, no one liked me at my new school. Then Joe comes and I fall in love with him thinking things were getting better for me and now this happens. First emotional abuse and now it's emotional and physical abuse. I swear I was only put on this earth to be totured.

* * * 

So Mia stopped sending us money and told Joe he has to go look for a job. Joe was pissed when Mia told him he had to go get a job but Mia was sick of supporting him. She never understood why Joe quit his job because of course he won't tell her our situation.

Today, Joe wants to go look at different types of jobs. This is just too good to be true. I mean theres no way Joe's going to leave me home alone while he's at work. He knows I'd definitely be able to get away then.

"Rachelle, your going to be the one working. I'll drop you off and pick you up everyday." Joe said as he put on his boots.

"Why aren't you going to work?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"So you can get away? I don't think so sweetie." Joe giggled.

"Im pregnant." I lied.

"What? Are you serious?" Joe asked sounding excited.

I didn't want to lie but I knew if Joe thought I was pregnant he wouldn't make me work. Which means he would probably have to get a job and I can finally get the hell out of here.