Kidnapped and Found 8 Years Later: Chapter 12

It's been almost a week since Joe asked me to marry him and things have being going great between the two of us. 

I've been so excited but I've also been thinking alot. In order for us to get married, I would have to return home and tell my mother that I just ran away and that I was fine. I would then have to tell her I met a guy and I no longer want anything to do with her. It's the truth, I really don't want anything to do with her because of the way she's treated me growing up. 

Joe would have to report to the police and tell them he was never missing in the first place and tell them the story of why he ran away when he turned eighteen.

I was really enjoying my time away from my mom and I really didn't want to have to see her again but in order for Joe and I to get married, I knew this is something we had to do sooner or later. For now I think it's best if we wait awhile.

Other then thinking of that, things have been really great. I'm so excited to start work tomorrow. I know Joe still isn't too happy about it but he's really trying to be supportive about it. I do understand why he doesn't want me working but I'm sure nobody will notice me, especially because of how different I look.

Joe woke me up out of bed and told me to get ready. I didn't know what we were doing so I gave him a look of confusion. He told me he was going to take me out to celerbrate for starting working tomorrow. Aw I thought it was sweet of Joe to really be trying so hard to be supportive of this whole thing.

I jumped out of bed and hopped in the shower. When I was done with my shower I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I headed into the living room and put of a pair of black boots with heels.

Joe grabbed my hand and together we walked to a restaraunt that was close by. When we got in the restaraunt, Joe walked me to our table and pulled out the chair for me. We were talking about the future. We agreed that I was going to become a singer and he was going to play hockey and we were going to have atleast four kids and a mansion. We were laughing as we said it because we knew it wasn't going to actually happen but just the thought of it made us feel like we were living the dream. 

I started feeling sick half way through the meal so Joe carried me home. I went straight to bed when we got in the door. I was hoping to feel better by morning because I really didn't want to miss my first day of work. That definitely wouldn't look good.

When morning came, I was still feeling a little sick but I sucked it up and got up out of bed anyway. Joe was sound asleep and I didn't want to wake him so I let him sleep and went to go get a shower and do the usual. 

After I was all ready, I headed out the door and over to the pizza shop to start my first day of work. I walked to the back room and was suprised to see Jake standing there in uniform, talking to the boss. Jake and the boss greeted me and told me how happy they were to have someone new in the shop. I was so mad when I found out Jake worked here to. They were still going on and on. Shouldn't Jake be getting back to work anyway, I thought to myself. I was shocked at the last thing that came out of Jake's mouth. He's the manager? The one who hired me? Did he know it was me when he was talking to me on the phone about this job? Is that why he decided to hire me?

Jake taught me how to do everything and I jumped right into it. I was suprised at how well I was doing because I had never really cooked before unless it was breakfast foods. I put a pizza together which included cheese and pepporoni and bacon. My favorite. I stuck the pizza in one of the ovens and waited for it to get done. Jake test tasted it as did I and it actually turned out pretty good.

"Your boyfriend is really lucky to have a girl who's as beautiful as you and you can cook.", Jake looked at me and smiled.

"Actually I only know how to cook a few things and I'm the one that's lucky to have him", I said before getting back to work.