Kidnapped and Found 8 Years Later: Chapter 26

Okay so a few of you may not remember Melissa. She was in the first couple chapters as Rachelle's mom. Rachelle and Melissa will both be speaking in this chapter.Don't worry. This isn't the last chapter but sadly there is only one chapter left after this! =( I enjoyed writing this and I'm thankful for those of you who took time out of your day to read and support this story! =)

So another terrible year has past. Things are still crazy here. Joe hasn't changed at all but he's calmed down a little bit. If Samantha weren't here to keep him company I'm sure he'd be beaten on me alot more.

It's been eight years since Joe and I first layed eyes on one another. That moment I saw him standing there ready to kidnap me I thought, great my life is going to get alot worse.

Suprisingly Joe and I fell in love. The first six years were great except for the little complications we had, but somehow we always managed to pull through. 

These past couple years however have just been complete hell. I thought Joe and I could get through anything but he let his jealousy finally get the best of him.

I miss the Joe I fell in love with. The old Joe was sweet and caring and did everything in his power to protect me. The Joe I use to know felt guilty about keeping me prisioner and was ready to let me go until I begged him to let me stay.

I now realize that I should of went back home to my mom when I had the chance, but I was stupid and fell for a guy I didn't know anything about. How could I fall in love with someone who kidnapped me? It's complicated but everything happens for a reason, I guess. Like I said if I would have known then what I know now, I would have never stayed with Joe.

It's sad to know that Joe actually did love me at one point and would do anything to protect me. But now he hates me and is the one putting me in harms way.

Even though Joe has calmed down and is now with Samantha, he still bothers me here and there. When he does decide to bother me, it's awful.

Atleast once a month he'll come in the garage and force himself on me. If I give him a hard time about it he'll either hit me in the mouth or make me go a week without food. Water is the only thing I'm allowed to have when I get that punishment.

When I'm laying down staring at the ceiling theres always that one thing on my mind that bothers me. Did I do this to myself? 

I'm sure if the whole thing with Jake didn't happen, Joe and I would still be extremely happy. So was it really me who put myself in danger by staying with him?

Whoever's fault it may be, I know I'm atleast a little bit happy to see the real Joe. I just think that what if I had met Joe on the streets and got to know him and start dating him, would he turn out like this if I made a mistake? 

Jealousy is an awful thing and I know how it feels, but you just have to know how to control it. You can't let something like that take over your mind because then it's not you making your descions, it's the jealousy doing it for you.

Either way it's made me a stronger person to have to deal with all of this. It's not something I ever wanted to go through but if I ever get out of here this is going to help me deal with people alot more. Instead of being scared and weak, I'm going to start sticking up for myself.

I do have faith that I will one day get out of here. It may not be today or tomorrow. It may just be so many years from now but I know one day I will see my mother again. I know she's not the greatest person in the world but I believe once I get back home we'll be able to work on a real relationship.

..............................................................................................

Melissa's Pov