Chapter Nine: The Meetup

Start from the beginning

"No I don't think so. If she really did mean this then I don't think she would say she just wanted to be friends with you" Maya said. "There's something bigger going on"

"Can I see your note?" Lucas asked her.

"Yeah here" Maya said as she handed him her note.

"This is Zay's handwriting. I know it." Lucas said after he read it. "I think I know what's going on"

"What's going on, Huckelberry?" Maya asked him.

"They wrote these notes and sent them to us so we would meet up here" Lucas said. "But why?"

"Because of exactly what it says on the note" Maya added.

"Wha do you- oh. I see" Lucas said.

"Yeah..." Maya said.

"So you like me?" Lucas asked after a few minutes.

"I don't know. You like me?" Maya asked.

"I don't know" Lucas said.

"On three we both say yes if we like one another and no if we don't. Got it?" Maya said.

"At the same time?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah" Maya replied. "1, 2, 3!"

"Yes" they both said at the same time.

"Woah" Lucas said.

"Yeah" Maya replied.

"So..." Lucas said awkwardly. "What do we do now?"

"I don't know. What do you wanna do?" Maya asked awkwardly.

"Do you wanna get some hot cocoa or something?" Lucas asked her.

"Are you asking me out THIS time?" Maya asked.

"Uh, I'm not sure if this counts as an official date. But maybe..." Lucas smiled.

"Sure, Ranger Rick. I'll get some Cocoa." Maya replied with a smile.

They walked to a cafe and got some hot chocolates.

"So..." Maya said. "You've really liked me since day one?"

"Yeah" Lucas replied. "You've really liked ME since day one?"

"Yep" Maya replied.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Lucas asked.

"You were with Riley. I didn't want to interfere" she replied. "Why didn't you ever tell ME?"

"I was with Riley. I was scared to tell you because I wasn't sure if you liked me back." Lucas replied.

"That's also partially why I didn't tell you" Maya said.

"Why do you call me all those nicknames?" Lucas asked randomly.

"There's a few reasons. They fit you. They annoy you. They're funny.They're clever. And I guess I mostly started using them so people wouldn't figure out I like you" Maya replied.

"Good reasons" Lucas laughed.

"I don't want it to be awkward between us anymore. I want it to go back to the way it was" Maya said.

"I want that, too." Lucas replied.

"Then let's just not be awkward anymore. Let's treat each other how we treated each other before. 'Cause this isn't us. We're not awkward. We're just us. And I need it to go back to that" Maya confessed.

"I do, too. And I need that, too." Lucas replied.

They both smiled and sat there in silence. It wasn't awkward though. It was just silence. They had nothing to talk about.

"So what are we exactly?" Lucas asked.

"What do you mean, cowboy?" Maya asked.

"Well, we know we both like each other. We're kind of on a date. Maybe... So" Lucas said.

"I don't know" Maya said.

"Why don't we wait until we go on a few more dates?" Lucas suggested.

"Yeah. That sounds like a good plan" Maya replied.

------------------------
A/N:

Heyyy, guys!

Hope you liked this chapter!

-Did you like that Lucas and Maya finally know they like each other? It took 9 chapters but we're here! Haha

-tell me in the comments what you thought of this chapter! :)

-And remember, I need at least 3-5 comments if you guys want a chapter on Friday! :) you can do it!

-guys I'm so excited for Friday. I'm seeing Star Wars! Yassss!!!

-And then literally right after I'm going to a christmas party. So it's gonna be a good day.

-OMG GUYS IM SO SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE EARLIER TODAY WHEN I SAID I WOULD!!! I was babysitting and I didn't realize I wouldn't have wifi!

Anyway, Byeeee!!! <3

~Jess