Fake Boyfriends Make You Hungry

Raiden's POV

I get dressed in light skinny jeans with a dark blue plain shirt. I slip on my black jacket, my own not Dylan's, and my black combat boots.

"Come one Raiden. I want you to help me get some clothes that are a little edgy." Peyton says, walking into my room.

"You should just raid my closet." I reply as we walk out of the house.

"True." she says.

My mother happily claps her hands and smiles at us.

"I want to take you two to my newest store here." she says, getting into the car.

"You have a store? I thought you are a photographer." Peyton asks.

"Yes I am, but I have always wanted to go into the fashion industry. Now I am and they approved to see my clothes in stores." my mother replies.

"Oh cool. What's your style like?" she asks.

"Raiden. The side that doesn't just wear t-shirts." my mother replies.

"Yes! That is exactly what I wanted." Peyton says excited.

I chuckle at them and then my phone goes off again. I need to silence it or something.

From Unknown Number:

This is Raiden right. I'm Luke.

To Luke:

Yeah, how did you get my number?

From Luke:

Connections. I have enough evidence against the guy who hit you. See is is actually a murderer in an investigation I was working on.

To Luke:

Okay. How is that relevant?

From Luke:

Glad you asked. See I would like to know if you connected to a guy named Coda Manson.

To Luke:

What does he have to do with this?

From Luke:

He was in the same car as the driver. They were apparently driving here. That is all we know at the moment. He was in hospital too, but wasn't injured that badly.

My heart is racing in my chest. What the hell was he doing at my town? He isn't allowed to be near me. Better yet why was he with a murderer?

From Luke:

Raiden this can be serious. Don't go anywhere alone. I am talking with people right now on what we should do next. Don't tell anyone either. Your parents know.

To Luke:

Okay, thanks.

What am I supposed to do? My abusive ex is in my town, he was at the same hospital, he was with a guy who is wanted for murder, and he crashed into me.

I sigh and my mother puts a hand on my shoulder as we park outside of the store.

"Don't worry, he can't get to you." she tells me.

I know that by law he can't, but I also know Coda. He doesn't care about the law. If he wants me, more than likely he will do anything to get me. Unless he is coming just to have a nice cup of coffee and bagels.

"Do you mind If I head back?" I ask.

"Of course, go ahead." my mother replies.

I take the car and head back to the house. I walk to the cliff right away to think. The cliff is my spot here. Jace and I love it. It's a huge cliff looking out over the sea. It's peaceful.