Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

It makes sense what I'm thinking. Seeing as I spend so much time with him, and barely any with anyone else, my feelings for him are false.

"Yeah." I confirm. "I really need a lay down."

"Yeah and I really need to go get something at the gallery." He stands up and heads towards the door.

"Bye Harry." I smile as he leaves.

"Yeah, bye Ellen." He gives me a small wave and leaves.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Pushing my hair away from my face with my hand. That went good. Everything is ok now. I can start distancing myself from him, and soon this will be a memory and he'll just be my boss, the way it should be.

I'm just moving to call my mother when there's a knock on the door, he must've forgotten something.

I open the door and he walks back in rather urgently, right past me with his hands in his hair.

"Fuck friendship." He finally says, grabbing my face and attaching his lips to mine.

My breath flies from my lungs as the brief but rough kiss comes to an end. His hands are still cupping my cheeks and his gaze is intense.

"I don't know what you're doing anymore." I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

He begins to grin. "Join the club, cause neither do I," he gently pushes my hair back from my face. "But I'll make you a deal, I'll try be normal for today."

"Sounds good." I smile as his lips touch mine once more...

••••

Two hours later and I find myself sitting with my legs on his lap, talking as normal as you'd like.

"I have to ask about that night, that first time I saw you. When you were fighting outside. What was that about?" As soon I bring it up he frowns.

"Nothing." He brushes it off cooly.

"Harry." I moan and his eyes flicker in my direction.

"I slept with the guys girlfriend and he found out, he beat me up cause I was too drunk to defend myself. Now, you happy?"

"Yeah. I was just wondering." I smile. I can see he's trying to return it, but smiling with meaning isn't something he's great at. "You know I was really upset this morning." I frown

"I know. I'm sorry, I literally don't know what I was thinking Ellen."

I nod in response and decide to change the subject, "So, what part o-"

I'm interrupted by a loud thudding outside. My eyes widen and I look at him who's eyes are fixed on the door.

The thudding subsides momentarily but continues in one massive, ear paining thud. Like something very heavy falling.

"What is tha-"

"Shh." He whispers.

"Harry, Harry, Harry?! Where are ya son?! We just wanna talk to you!!" A voice comes from next door.