50.

Connor.

After a stressful week of interviews and album release promo, Troye and I are finally able to relax back home in Minnesota. Today is my birthday but Troye left with Nicola a few hours ago to run errands, leaving me at my house with my family until he gets back. My entire family is staying at my house and since I didn't feel like having to sleep in a twin bed with Troye, we got a hotel room.

As I walk out into my kitchen, a plain white envelope rests against a small potted plant on the table. My name is written on it in an oh-so-familiar handwriting and a small love heart is drawn next to it. I approach the envelope and pick it up in my hands, noticing how the plant looks.

The plant is in a clear mason jar, packed with dirt and a small plant pokes from the top. A piece of twine is wrapped around the mouth of the jar and a wooden tag. For you. The same handwriting.

I turn the envelope over and open it up slowly, being careful not to rip the envelope. A light blue sheet of paper is inside. It's folded in thirds and looks like a letter. I unfold the paper and begin to read the handwritten note.

for him.
We are running so fast
And we never look back
And whatever I lack, you make up
We make a really good team
And though not everyone sees
We got this crazy chemistry
Between us...

Jump starting your car cause this city's a bore
Buying e-cigarettes at the convenience store
Making new clichés on our own little tour
Let's ride.

You don't have to say I love you to say I love you
Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons
We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue
Sickeningly sweet like honey
Don't need money
All I need is you...
All I need is you...

We try staying up late
But we both are light weights
Yeah we get off our face, too easy
And we take jokes way too far
And sometimes living's too hard
We're like two halves of one heart

You don't have to say I love you to say I love you
Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons
We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue
Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money
All I need is you
All I need is you

We're not a commercial for everyone else.
We go out for coffee and keep to ourselves.
We make little homes out of three star hotels
And I know what you're feeling cause I feel it as well.

You don't have to say I love you to say I love you
Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons
We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue
Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money
All I need is you
All I need is you

Con,
Meet me at the sunflower fields.
x,
Tro

After I finish reading the note I begin to cry. The song is beautiful, I love it, and my boyfriend is beautiful. I read the last part again and smile. The sunflower field is beautiful this time of year. Of course he would want to go there.

Brandon walks into the kitchen and sees me crying.
"Con? What happened?"
"Troye wrote this song for me and it's beautiful and I love him so much." I sob out my response and he hugs me tightly, allowing me to cry into his shoulder, "He wants me to meet him at the sunflower field." Once I've calmed down, I tell him and he pulls away to look at me.

"You have to go! Right now! He's your boyfriend and he obviously loves you to write that song! Go! Right now!" He shoos me to the door and I grab my keys from the counter.
"Wait Brandon what about the dinner?" I ask him as he ushers me to the door.
"Just come later with Troye once you're done. I'll tell everybody where you are."

"Thank you Brandon! Thank you so much!" I close the door and run to my car. I get in the front seat and start it quickly, beginning the ten minute drive to the fields. I think of everything that has happened in the twenty months I've known Troye.

I've come out to everyone. I've fallen in love for the first time. I went to Australia with my boyfriend. I've had songs written about me. It's all incredible. Had I been told that this would happen I never would have believed it would come true and never would I have imagined meeting somebody as incredible as Troye.

I pull up to the sunflower field and park my car.
"Troye?" I call out, and I walk to where the path into the middle starts. I walk the path, calling out his name hoping to see him soon. I reach the middle right as the sun starts to set, painting the sky with water colors in beautiful shades of red, orange, and pink.

He stands with his back to me and his hands in his pockets. I walk up behind him and he turns around to face me when I get just five steps from him.
"Happy birthday my love. I see you got my note." He says to me and removes his hands from his pockets. He opens them wide and I walk up to him and step into his arms.

I rest my head on his shoulder as I hug him and I smell his cologne he must've put on before coming here.
"Thank you." He looks down at me questioningly.
"For what?"
"For everything. For being you, for all of this, for the song, for loving me. Thank you."
"I love you Connor." He says confident and kisses the top of my head.
"I love you too Troye."

We stay like this for a minute, enjoying nothing but each other's company and the rustling of the sunflowers in the light breeze.
"Do you wanna hear the song, Con?" I look up at him once the question is out and nod my head.
He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out his phone. He types stuff in and presses play. The song begins to play as I remain wrapped in his arms with his chin resting on top of my head looking up at the sky.

I could stay like this forever. Listening to Troye's soft, beautiful voice singing this amazing song for me while he hugs me tighter than ever before. Standing with huge sunflowers around us and a water color sky above us.

Once the song is over, he turns it off and looks down at me. I smile and lean up and kiss him.
"It's incredible Tro."
"I'm glad you like it," He looks down at his phone and turns it off, stuffing it in his pocket, "We have some time before we have to be at dinner."
"Good. I just want to stay here with you just like this."

"So about the song. Should I put it on the album?" I think about what he just asked me.
"You should. The fans will love it."
He smiles at me and ruffles my hair softly.
"Good. I'll tell Emma tomorrow."
I close my eyes and turn my head so I'm facing his neck. I leave a small kiss on his neck.

"We should probably go Con. We'll be late for dinner if we don't go." I look up at him and he lowers his head to kiss my neck lightly like I did for him.
"There's more of that tonight." He winks at me and grabs my hand tightly in his.
Troye Sivan Mellet will be the death of me.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
There's two chapters after this and then the epilogue rip. I was thinking that if this hits 10K reads (since I'm at 9.6K rn) I could post some stuff about me? I feel like you guys don't know much about me. Maybe I'll post a picture of me too :)
                       Xx,
                         Madi