Aftermath

Chloe's POV

I come home and realise Max isn't here yet. Weird there were no lights burning in the studio so she should be home. Rocket runs up to me and starts walking against my legs curling his tail around me.
I pick him up and pet him.
"Have you seen Max, no? where the hell is she."
Rocket jumps out of my arms and runs to our bedroom his usual sleeping spot.
I dial Max her number.

Nothing. What the hell she always picks up even during business meetings she knows I only call with emergency's or when Rocket got himself stuck under our bed again.
I try again and again. What the hella why isn't she answering.
Maybe she went out with Kate or something, she would tell me though. A strange feeling goes through my body.
I turn on the lights in the kitchen and grab something to eat and drink.
Come on Max where are you. My phone starts ringin and I pick up as fast as I can knowing it's Max.
"Remember me?"
I drop the milk and feel like screaming.
Why is this creep still on us. I thaught we lost her for good.
"What do you want?"
My voice is calm and cold.
"You ofcourse. Meet me at the dark room you know where it is."
"Why would I do that."
"Because I have Max and if you don't well I'll just simply shoot her."
My heart stops and my body feels a hundred times heavier. Not again.
With trouble I open my mouth to speak.
"How can I be sure you aren't bluffing."
"Chloe Rachel its Rachel she's.."
I can hear a hard pounce and Max stops talking.
"Max Max what the fuck did you do to her."
"Dark Room in 20 minutes, no police or the hipster dies see you soon Che."
I slam the fridge door shut and hear stuff falling inside.
I grab my keys and rush out the door.
No police fuck I've dealt with her before and I know she means it.
Free Max first then call the police I'm putting an end to this.
I always have a gun in my truck just in case. I swear if she touches Max.
A sudden realisations makes me freeze.
Rachel? Max said it is Rachel...
How? Why? Fuck those are questions for later right now I need to save my girlfriend.

Max's POV

I wake up with a major headache.
It feels like someone is putting pressure on my head a lot of pressure.
My vision is blurry and it hurts when I try to focuss. Then it hits me. Rachel has me hostage that sick bitch.
My head stings when I get mad so I try to stay calm
When my vision adjusts I see Rachel in the cornor experimenting with some drugs. This is the darkroom where we found all the binders of the blackwell girls. I thaught they closed it off. It's been raided from it's fancy furniture and expensive gadgets. There's only me on this chair and a troly full of drugs. A camera is positioned right infront of me. It's recording. This sick bitch.
She turns around when she realises I'm awake. She looks exactlly like the picture Chloe used to look at only older and more terrifying.
"I wish I could hit you again but I need you to be awake when Chloe arrives." She grabs my chin and observes my face.
"You wont get away with this Bitch!"
I head butt her. She flinches and grabs her nose.
My head hurts but god that felt good.
Rachel let's out a scream of anger and holds a gun against me. Her nose is bleeding but she doesn't care all her focus is on me now.
"You have gotten tougher in the years I thaught you would break down and cry."
That actually hurt somehow. I have been getting stronger. But only because of the shit she pulled with Chloe. I had to be strong enough for both of us back then but now Chloe is stronger then ever she'll make her pay.
I keep my eyes on Rachel staring at her with a deathstare. I know we are going to make it. We always do.
"Why are you doing this."
I see Chloe her head slowly creeping up from the door. She gives me a sign that I should keep talking.
I look back at Rachel who's standing there with tears in her eyes.
"You want to know Why!" She yells bursting out in tears.
"Because it hurts! I should be next to Chloe. I should have seen the world with her. She should have loved ME.
It hurts so fucking much to see you with Chloe knowing that that should have been Me!"
She looks at the ground and softly repeats the last sentence.
"It should've been me."
"Then why did you leave."
Chloe is standing behind Rachel pressing the barrel of her revolver on the back of Rachel's head.
Rachel drops the gun and holds up her hands.
"I needed some time alone." She says her voice is so diffrent now it's no longer angry. It's just broken like herself.
"It doesn't make sense I know you were dating Frank and doing it with Jefferson so this sudden Love for me is utter bullshit."
Rachel cringes when Chloe speaks.
I can't recognize Chloe with that voice. She's so determined and enraged. Please don't do anything stupid.
"I only got close with Jefferson because I needed to pass and Frank for his drugs."
They are not looking at eachother.
Rachel is facing me. They both look so broken. Chloe must be going through hell right now. I wish I could get out somehow but I'm afraid I'll have to wait till Chloe locks Rachel up.

Chloe's POV

"You disgust me this isn't the Rachel I used to love."
My heart crushes with that sentence. I never admitted it not even to myself.
But yeah I loved Rachel in a romantic way. I can see Max her mood drop. I shouldn't have said that.
"I can change Chloe, we just need to get rid of Max."
She dashes forward and starts strangeling Max. I can't pull the trigger.
I grab Rachel by her hair and waist and throw her off Max.
"Don't you ever touch her!"
Max is coughing but instead of checking on her I stomp towards Rachel my fists ready to break her skull.
No one hurts Max. She's all I have.
Rachel looks up with me her eyes full regret. Fuck that that doesn't work on me anymore.
I lift Rachel up against a wall.
"How can you be so insane."
"Love makes you do crazy things."
Rachel says between heavy breaths. She has trouble. The clash of her and the floor must have been harder then expected.
"This isn't love."
A million voices in my head encourage me to rip her head of. I pull back my arm ready to strike.
I want to hit her but at that moment I hear Max her voice break through the others.
"Chloe Don't!"
"Wht not." I respond although it felt like one of the other voices reacted.
"You would never forgive yourself. I wouldn't either. She hurt and she deserves pain but not like this she's suffering enough."
"Are you actually picking her side!"
"I'm not picking sides! Listen don't do it she regrets it just turn her in we are done."
My muscles relax and I drop Rachel on the floor. You did it once again Supermax.
I grab some tape and make sure Rachel wotn escape untill the authoraties are here.
When I release Max she imediatlly pulls me in for a hug and breaks down.
"I thaught I'd lost you."
I say while trying to fight back the tears.
"I'm sorry." She says letting it all out.
"Don't apolagize I'll always be here to save you. That's what we do save achother."
We are stuck in eachothers embrace. After what just went down I really needed to hold her and tell her I love her.
Rachel looks at us with hate and starts screaming and kicking around.
"It's not fair! It should've been me."
She repeats untill I tape her mouth shut. When I take a good look at Rachel I see she hasn't changed a bit.
Why did she drug all those teenagers or was someone else involved too?
The police will find out soon.
After half an hour the men in suits finally arrive and take Rachel in custody.
Since she was filming Max in her chair you can hear the dialogue and fighting while Max is trying to break free out of the tape.
Rachel will be locked away for a long time.
Jefferson got arrested for having sex with a student and was facing several years untill Rachel confessed that Jefferson was the one drugging the students and she was just a drug mule wich caused her time to be reduced to 13 years and Jeffersons sentence went from 15 years to a lifesentence in prison.
I can't feel but blaming Jefferson for this mess. Somehow I think he drugged her or something. I try not to think about it but it's hard when your best friend suddenlly goes on a personal mission to terminate your girlfriend.

Rachel writes me letters from prison appolagizing for what she did and saying she's getting better and that I should visit her sometime.
I always politly decline and tell her that I'm busy with something.
I still can't believe that that was my Rachel who snapped like that. It seemed as if someone else was controlling her body and speech.
I sometimes wake up with nightmares of her coming back. But Max comforts me and reassures me we are save.
We even decided that staying in Arcadia is to much for us so we are moving to New York. Kate and Mike agreed on our decision and now Kate and Max are opening a MarshField Photography studio in NY.
They are moving there too. Both Kate and Mike have started to become familly. Can't wait to move with them.

Max is fast asleep laying on my chest breathing calmly. I play with her hair and think about our future.
This is what I always wanted. Her by my side and starting over.
Goodbye Arcadia. Goodbye bad memories.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Well hello so this was an intense chapter not to many romance just drama and to clear everything up.
The final chapter will be released right now so you can go ahead and read it trust me it's hella cute.

Also the first Chapter of Partners In Time will launch today so you'll have more then enough to read.

I hope you'll like the new fanfic and let me know what you thaught of this one in the comments.

Thank you all so much for the support, loving comments and messages.
You managed to put a smile on my face when I was feeling traped and lonely and it helped to see that people actually enjoy my work.
Thank you all for sticking by me

I love you
Stay Hella Dope

yours truly
{BluePunkRockRebel}