Chapter 5: The Rag

Bringing them into the tent I quickly went to the topic at hand, I originally was planning to make these goblins a Military camp, or just make them a much bigger well-guarded village. The idea of having my own place to be guarded was good, However, becoming a leader will have major setbacks for me if it ever comes down to it.

"Your village seems to have problems with food, I have seen some of the goblins starve, and the water problem is another thing to deal with as well. Although you guys might disagree with me, I think its time the leader starts making decisions."(Dastin)

The elder took a glance at Krolith, and Krolith had a frustrated expression. A momentary silence took the atmosphere but a second later he spoke.

"What should we do then?"(Krolith)

While they asked questions I explained the solutions that we could work into one by one, and then onwards I gave an idea to them, they were quite surprised by the way I spoke. After going into detail about what I said, I told them to find as much wood, stones, and sticks as they can, using the long grass near the river area they can make rope and try creating stone axes, with that they can chop as much wood as they can. I also said that when they finish the work by the end of the day, they should come to me, and I told them of where I would be.

They agreed to my suggestion and planned out what they could do in front of me. As they knew very well this idea of mine could work, they kept quiet.

This quick discussion about the village should not have taken that much time, if they were any dumber then they looked, they would have not listened to what I would say.

By finishing the talk we had, I left the them to go to where the shaman would be, I was anxious about trying out Sphial magic or whatever its called, the very thought of it made me feel a bit eager to try it out.

Through the camp I could notice the crack in a small wall opening to a cave that maybe could lead to the shaman's little abode. I walked pass all the tents and slid through the cracks leading to him. When I got through the narrow crack there was an odd smell going around this area, it wasn't a pleasing smell, to be more definitive, it smelled like the carcass of a dead body rotting.

Taking slow steps into the cave could see lights more further in, hopefully I don't enter into a killing festival. I could hear another person was walking in the same cave, and even so I still kept a walking pace. I came closer to the spot that had the movement sounds and then came to a corner, peeking my head out on a big solid rock I saw that there were small bowls that contained a liquid of some sort, there was also different types of flowers and herbs, seems like he was trying to make something with all these things. I walked out of the corner and saw him moving around even more, there was a small fire that had a metal pot with it, probably looted off a human seeing the details on the pot. I came by him and looked at all he was doing, and as soon as he turned around, he jumped, startled by my presence.

"Are you okay?"(Dastin) I asked with a smile, it was pretty funny, sadly he didn't fall.

"Yes, I am fine, you just scared me out of my clothes"(Shaman)

Without any further speaking he quickly passed by me and moved some stuff on the great stone where he placed his things and turned to me.

"Now, as our deal goes, you can begin with anything you like, just be careful not to make the same mistake you did before"(Shaman)

"Alright, but in any case that it does go out of control you are gonna need to run out of the cave before anything happens"(Dastin)

As he nodded to me, I quickly went into a stance with my hands held out, this time, I will not mess up. Moreover I don't plan on making the same sun that I did before, this time I will try to make a rock and as I get better, forming shapes will help me for experience.