I got settled in in the spare room, spending the day watching movies and relaxing. I just needed a few days away from everything and everyone, wrap my head around things. It was around 3 o'clock when I got a call, not from Luke, but from Beau.

"Hello?" I questioned, confused to why he was calling.

"Hey Ruby, it's Beau!" he said happily, contrasting to my tone. From the way he was speaking to me like a child, I knew he had been told what happened.

"Hey Beau," I said trying to pipe up a bit and not be an absolute bore.

"How are things?" he exclaimed. The line suddenly went silent and so did I. "Sorry Rubes, I was wanted to cheer you up I-"

"It's fine, don't worry."

"Listen, I wanted to tell you earlier; so did mum and Jai. But it wasn't our job or place to tell you. Luke was the one that had to do it and we genuinely thought he had already told you last night." he apologised.

"I understand, it's alright. I feel like such an idiot for not knowing it sooner." I sighed.

"The reason he didn't tell you was to protect your feelings, trust me Rubes. Luke tortured himself over this for four months, he's not even that keen on going- especially without you."

"Yeah" I said understanding but still annoyed.

"I know you're pissed and I get why, but I hope you're not mad at me,"

"No I'm not, don't worry." I said telling the truth, it wasn't Beau's responsibility to tell me, it was Luke's.

"Good, so you'll meet me for lunch this week?" he asked. I hesitated.

"Don't worry I'm not bringing Luke." Beau told me.

"You promise?" I challenged.

"Pinky." Beau said firmly. I thought for a moment.

"Is Friday good for you?" I asked.

"Perfect. Meet at mine?" he said.

"Sure." I confirmed not as pumped as I might have been on any other day.

"Alright see you then gorgeous," Beau chirped.

"Bye," I said dimly before hanging up. I sighed in boredom. Kaitlyn was still out, I wasn't in the mood to see anyone, but I needed a good chat. I needed Luke so badly. All I wanted to do was snuggle into his arms and fall asleep so I could wake up and escape this horrible nightmare. More tears fell from my eyes, they were uncontrolable and tiring. I rested myself down on the bed, curled up in a ball with my eyes closed, hoping, praying, that things would get better.

----------------------------------------------------

Friday approached slowly. I had no contact whatsoever with Luke for a whole week. I knew he worked during the day so I slipped in and got some of my stuff. The bed was always made; Luke was sleeping on he couch with a doona. The boy drove me crazy but I really did love him, even if he didn't love me.

I got up early on Friday. I knew I would have thoughts flooding my brain and I needed time to settle the sick feeling that had stayed with my stomach all week. I put on jeans, a white tank top and boots to go out. It was the most presentable I had been these past days. I grabbed my sunnies and keys before I headed to Gina's house. I decided walking would do me good instead of taking my nerves out on driving. I got there pretty quickly, the walk wasn't long at all. Cautiously, I walked up and knocked on the front door of my old house I guess you could call it. Beau answered within seconds and an automatic smile appeared on my face. I was genuinely happy to see him.