My First True Love {Chapter 27}

Start from the beginning

I enter the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

All this time…everything that happened to us yesterday night was a mistake.

He was leaving me again, after he promised me that he wasn’t going to anymore.

Liar

After a few more minutes I got out of the bathroom. My face was flushed red from crying.

A knock on the door startled me, I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Derek coming in.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked holding a small bag on his hand.

I wasn’t going to question him or anything so I just nodded.

“Good, let’s go” As we headed outside the cabin. I stopped to take a look at it for the last time.

My head whipped up as I heard the front door open with a sad looking Alexander coming out.

My heart sent a dull ache around my body. I wanted to run to him and held him in my arms, but I knew that my mind and heart were playing games with me. My heart ached for his love and body for his touch.

The energy around us got thick; it was as if something was pulling us together. But I contained myself and turned to the car.

The door was already open and Derek was already inside waiting for me.

“Jane” Alexander said softly.

“I had to do this” he choked.

“Why?” I challenged him, turning to face him.

He looked startled by my reacting.

Why did he expect?

“I…I need to protect you” he said calmly.

Protect me?

A bolt of anger started to form in my heart, there was no way in hell that I’ll ever forgive him again.

He left me once and now this…

“Please forgive me” he whispered, avoiding eye contact.

“I don’t know Alexander…you hurt me once and now this…I don’t know if my heart will ever be complete again” I replied coldly.

Turning my back to him, I began to make my way back to the car. I stopped as soon as I saw what I still had on my finger.

The ring he gave me last night.

I closed my eyes gently and took a deep breath while caressing the ring.