I thought you loved me

Back! Woohoo! Let's do this.

Disclaimer: I do not own warriors.

Cinderpelt's P.O.V

   A tiny mewling was heard. Sandstorm stops snarling and freezes. A kit comes racing out a bush and to his mother. He was crying out of fright. Brindleflame immediately starts purring at him and giving him coos. I stare at the shock and confuse Firestar. I raise my tail and flick it to the leave. I send Sandstorm a sidelong glare, tired of her. We stand and walk back towards our land. I drop my head and signal Thornclaw to take over leading the group.

   As I walk at the back of the group I was suddenly grabbed. I get pulled away . I go to scream only for a paw to slap over my mouth. Then a familiar scent hits me, a very familiar smell. I twist and look behind me. I mentally sigh in relief at seeing a flaming pelt. I pull myself free and look at him. He has a guilty, lopsided smile. I roll my eyes at him and hiss, causing him to flinch.

"What?" I snap, harshly. Firestar's ears flatten and he drops his head. 

"I miss you." He whispers. I slightly gasp at his words. The simple words were fill to the brim of sadness, pain, regret and longing. He looks at me, green eyes dull, and softly sighs. He pads up to me and rests his head on mine. His tail entwines with mine and he sits there, silent. 

"Firestar, you need to leave and go back to your clan, your mate." I say, moving to push him away from me. He manages to wrap a paw around me and pulls me closer. 

"I am with my mate." He whispers, softly. I freeze before snarling and pushing him away. My pelt bristles and my tail lashes. My eyes narrow as I stare at him.

"How can I trust you?! I wake up to my m-ex-mate and his ex-mate trying to kill me! You were watching as she was about to kill me!" I hiss. He blinks and looks at the ground.

"I thought...did you not?...Do you really believe that?" He asks, softly. His ears droop out of shock and his tail curls around his front paw. I stare at him and blink before growling again.

"Yes! What else was I suppose to think?! That is the reason you didn't attack her when I pushed her off me! You are a despicable tom Firestar! Despicable!" I yell. He only curls his tail tighter and his head drops. His body shakes and I blink as a soft whimper is heard.

"That's not what was happening." He says, softly. He looks up and his green eyes were colorless. He shakes his head. He looks back at the ground. "Obviously I was wrong. I thought you would hear me out." He says, coldly. He stands, turns and walks back towards his camp. He pauses to look back at me. "I thought you loved me." He says. He then leaves with a lash of his tail. I feel my heart snap in my chest and shatter. 'I do love you...' I think. I grit my teeth and turn. I walk back towards my camp. I hear my patrol in front of me confuse on where I went. When I break through a bush they all sigh in relief before blinking at me sad posture.

"Cinder-" I shake my head at Thornclaw as he starts talking. He sighs and follows me to our camp. When we arrive I go straight to my den and curl up. I fall into a sleep of sadness and despair.

Firestar's P.O.V

I sit in my den and look out of it, looking at the clan below. 'It's incomplete.' I think looking down around looking to see the usual Thornclaw scolding an apprentice or Rainwhisker joking with his brother. I see neither only seeing other faces. I sigh as I realize that I miss the cave. I mentally cringe as the cat who did this curls up around me.

"Hey, Firestar." She purrs. I force a smile on my face and look at her.

"Hey, Sandstorm." She purrs and presses her head to my chest. I sit with my eyes on her head. I wish I could just push her away and run to Cinderpelt. 'You can't she doesn't trust or love you.' I think to myself, bitterly. Sandstorm doesn't seem to notice my foul mood and continues to brush up to me. I scrunch my nose but remain still. 'I have no body else so why not?' I think, defeated. I finally nuzzle her head, causing her to purr loudly.

'I am despicable.'